project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #71
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
Well... thats not strictly true. the names of the weapons in the game are wrong. China uses the Type 56. its like an AK-47, but different enough so that its not. Its like comparing an M16 to an M15. subtle differences that make it worlds apart, even though basically they're the same.
The Chinese now use type 95 rifles, and the QBZ-95 is the standard rifle.

Quote:
for china, the 'main' weapon shoudl be the Type 56, as i've previously stated.
Type-56
You need to check your sources

Quote:
For the MEC, perhaps an AK-74, possibly even a 47. after all, this is a coalition of middle eastern countries, so modern 'new' weapons would be out of reach for them. the AKM would be a perfect weapon for the MEC. reliable, easy to get, and blody everywhere (half of the AK's you see in the news in Iraq and the like are AKMs)
I would have to disagree, look at the weapons the Iranians, Egyptians, Pakistanis and Omanians have. As a standard battle rifle your really looking at the MKEK G3A7A1 (G3A4 under licensse)

Quote:
Another thing, there is no way on gods green earth that they'd have the PP-19 'Bizon'. It's even harder to get hold of than the Mp-443, and is, if i remember correctly, only availble to Spetsnaz units that work solely in CQB scenarios. the whole reason it was designed was becuase Spetsnaz operators, and more, wanted something with high firepower, big ammo capacity and not over penetrating like the 'full size' rifles in close quarters, where a 7.62x39mm bullet will go straight through the walls.
The Special Forces weapon would probably be the Khaybar KH2002 - already in use with Special forces units in Iran and also elite police units.
Last edited by the.ultimate.maverick; 05-25-2006 at 11:46 AM..
Old 05-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #72
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

yay! RPG! RPG!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 05-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #73
Tinkerbell

Send a message via MSN to Tinkerbell

Quote:
Fair enough, you'll have to forgive me for not being totally up to date on the PLA and their equipment. It IS a long was from the UK, afterall. i imagine the Type 56 would still be fairly widely used though. Just becuase they've 'moved' to a different rifle doesnt mean it'll have been implemented into every unit yet.it can take a good few years.

Quote:

You need to check your sources
W.G.R has always been good enough for me thanks .

Quote:
I would have to disagree, look at the weapons the Iranians, Egyptians, Pakistanis and Omanians have. As a standard battle rifle your really looking at the MKEK G3A7A1 (G3A4 under licensse)
Still, the G3A3 isn't exactly 'high tech' is it? And anyway, i was on about the Bizon, not the standard battle rifle

Quote:
The Special Forces weapon would probably be the Khaybar KH2002 - already in use with Special forces units in Iran and also elite police units.
Fair enough. The AKS-74UN used by the existing MEC special forces could do with a re-skin, mind. and a re-model. The gas tube is longer, the front trunnion is wrong and there shouldn't be an RIS rail under the front hand guard. Also, the stock is wrong. the folding mech should be in the receiver, not on the stock.

nice MP7 model, mind, just dont go ruining a reality mod by makeing it unrealistic
Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #74
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Quote:
Fair enough, you'll have to forgive me for not being totally up to date on the PLA and their equipment. It IS a long was from the UK, afterall. i imagine the Type 56 would still be fairly widely used though. Just becuase they've 'moved' to a different rifle doesnt mean it'll have been implemented into every unit yet.it can take a good few years.
Went into mass production a number of years ago and now in widespread circulation. QBZ-97 has been available on world markets for a while too

Quote:
Still, the G3A3 isn't exactly 'high tech' is it? And anyway, i was on about the Bizon, not the standard battle rifle
Its a G3A4 and its a damn fine rifle. As I said the Bizon should go - Khaybar

Quote:
Fair enough. The AKS-74UN used by the existing MEC special forces could do with a re-skin, mind. and a re-model. The gas tube is longer, the front trunnion is wrong and there shouldn't be an RIS rail under the front hand guard. Also, the stock is wrong. the folding mech should be in the receiver, not on the stock.
It should just be got ridden of.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #75
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

Why should the MEC move backwards? In forming the MEC, these Middle Eastern countires would most likely standardize their armaments. This would be the perfect time to modernize their militaries. If a MEC could ever be formed, it would most likely control around 4/5 of the world's crude oil resources. Money would be no issue. Just because Russia doesn't issue their troops a weapon doesn't mean they won't export it. Russia needs the money, and the MEC would have the money necessary.

Quote:
Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain. -Niccolò Machiavelli
Old 05-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #76
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Most weapons in the Mid East do not come from Russia now anyways. Most are on licence from US/EU manufacturers - look at HK and Steyr
Old 05-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #77
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]maverick
Not entirely true. Their rapid deployment forces (special operations, airborne and marine infantry) use them and have found them disappointing. The bulk of the PLA uses the Type 81.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Marley
I think the AK-101 should be scrapped all together for the MEC and have the AK-74M put in its place, because the lack of calibre standardisation in BF2 is just silly.
The 5.45mm cartridge never really caught on in the Middle East as most of them were already/are producing their own 7.62 x 39mm ammunition and rifles.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #78
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Eddie Baker
Not entirely true. Their rapid deployment forces (special operations, airborne and marine infantry) use them and have found them disappointing. The bulk of the PLA uses the Type 81.
Not entirely true, the weapons were reworked two years ago and are being rolled out nation wide - they had produced too much 5.8 ammo to let it go to waste (got that straight from a Chinese section leader).

The reworking has meant a slow down in roll out but from my intel we are still looking at 2012 for full deployment. But that means EVERY infantryman carrying a 2012, their troops which are the 'front line' or 'rapid reaction; divisions have the weapon now.
Last edited by the.ultimate.maverick; 05-25-2006 at 04:23 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #79
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

Not entirely tru, lol j/k
The thing about this 'standard rifle' is that it covers 2 of the 7 kits, we need for PR:
standard rifle (also with nade launcher)= assault, medic
sub-machine gun =engineer
carbine= spec-ops
LMG/HMG= support
sniper rifle= sniper
pistol= (i think its fine the know) anti-tank
also we need STINGERS!

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 05-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #80
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Special Forces: Khyabar KH2002
Sniper : SVD (4 mags)
Assault :HK33 + HK79A1
Medic : G3A7A1
Engineer : SMG PK Type 1 or SMP5
AT : SMP5-K
Support : RPK-74

Special Forces : JS 9mm 1st Type SMG
Sniper : Norinco KBU 88
Assault :Norinco QBZ 95
Medic : Norinco CAR 95
Engineer : Norinco CAR 9
AT : QSZ-92 + Type 69, 40mm Rocket Propelled Grenade (copy of RPG7)
Support : Norinco QBB 95

Tags
handk, model, mp7, weapon, wip