project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #131
devildogfo

This is the M-240G machine gun. The Army doesnt really use it anymore as far as I know, but this is still a workhorse of the Marine Corps. Its used a LOt and I was surprised when PR didnt already have it. I would also recommend adding the MK19.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:43 AM   #132
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogfo
This is the M-240G machine gun. .

I am not sure what youo are refearing to but the model shown on the 1st page is the BRitish General purpose machine gun, a 2 man operated (1 gunner, 1 ammo carrier), fires a 7.62mm round.

At present the mini-mi does the job just fine due to the short view distances overall, but hopefull in the future, a man portable version could be modeled, for some serious LONG DISTANCE firesupport.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #133
JellyBelly

The GPMG and M240 series are both based off the same weapon, the FN MAG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Mag

(I know its Wikipedia, but I cant be arsed to look for a more reliable site.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[RGG] - Pte.Phillips -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Arma ftw
Really Gay Guy

America was a tad late into the First World War. They redeemed themself's and came in slightly sooner in the Second. Now they seem determined to start the Third.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #134
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg06-e.htm

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 04-06-2007, 07:20 AM   #135
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

But they're not the same, for example the British L7 has a heavier barrel than other MAG variants to make it more suitable for sustained fire (Though its capability for this was still substantially less than that of is predecessor, the Vickers .303 machine gun)

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #136
k30dxedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
But they're not the same, for example the British L7 has a heavier barrel than other MAG variants to make it more suitable for sustained fire (Though its capability for this was still substantially less than that of is predecessor, the Vickers .303 machine gun)
And, just like the L1/FAL, you tweaked half the parts juuuust enough so that they didn't fit in the MAG.

(jay kay.)

Old 04-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #137
$kelet0r

T'would be nice though to have the ma deuce mounted on the little British patrol vehicles instead of the FN Mag - the extra fire power is so crucial sometimes.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #138
wpgcivic

For the canadian forces we call that the c6 gpmg, yeah like said 7.62 and it fucking rocks, lots of power and great reliability, would be a nice replacement for those little buggy things instead of the m249/c9 on it

Old 04-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #139
jmull

MMMMMM....Chunky!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #140
mrmong
Banned

i had to post this hahah

Tags
gpmg, model, wip