project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > PR Community Modding Archives
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #11
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

HI EGGMAN..im down to about 82meg...how can i get it to you?? can find a good file catcher anywhere.....

it basically ready to be played on and tested

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #12
xtrm2k

Quote:
1. Map Submission Deadline
Friday, June 16th at midnight PST
This is for the europe users Saturday, June 17th, 9:00 AM CET (Central European Time), if I'm not mistaken, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTaxi
HI EGGMAN..im down to about 82meg...how can i get it to you?? can find a good file catcher anywhere.....
you clear your folders from unused files?

example: the folder "lightmaps/objects", only the files LightmapAtlas.tai & LightmapAtlas*.dds are needed, the other rendered lightmapsfiles can be deleted after you generate the atlas files. (make a copy before )

this brings a huge of space

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by xtrm2k; 06-16-2006 at 11:25 AM..
Old 06-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #13
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Try one of the upload services like FileFront or such. Most of them suck, but will get the job done.

As for cut off times... I tend to have more bark than bite about that hehe... so within 24 hours of the stated time .. you'll be fine

egg

Cheers!
egg

Old 06-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

I'm probebly going to be a little late, hope thats okay (need to render lightmaps).

Maybe an hour or two late.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Deer
Retired PR Developer
Default almost done

I just noticed this post, i have been making shadows for my map whole day now and thats pretty much final thing, just need to fix bug with lowdetail textures, the one where those look crappy when going close, it sounds easy and fast to do, i hope i can make it to the deadline, map is Dusk Storm 220/528 sandbag shadows completed (editor is running and making shadows), and i think those are last objects without shadows, just rocks and few small objects left after sandbags, been thinking if i put shadows for those at all.

Btw the map has total 4048 objects, hope it wont cause any problems, at least for me it works without FPS problems ingame. (overgrowth is made manually so trees and pushes counts as objects as well)
Last edited by Deer; 06-16-2006 at 04:41 PM..
Old 06-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #16
Deer
Retired PR Developer

btw most simply way to share your file which is less than 100mb size, is rapidshare.de i think, fast and easy to put your file there.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #17
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

Smile

thanks deer... ill post the link for over easy and anyone who want to take a look....ill also post the link in my development thread as a reference....

oh Mr.Egg... can we promote the map testing day? It would be fun for noobs in PR to come and help out testing...I make alot of new friend everynight by playing as squad leader so id like to try to get them involved/connected to the mod...

I played witha first timer last night as well... he liked the fact I had a functioning squad...he really helped out...suicidal medic....anyway fun adn games...

here is the DL link: http://rapidshare.de/files/23271155/Qwai_river.zip.html

untested so someone pls dl it..

Last edited by IronTaxi; 06-17-2006 at 04:53 AM..
Old 06-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #18
Deer
Retired PR Developer

Took a bit longer but im currently uploading the file, shadows aint 100% completed, but 98% i think, just bridges, rocks, 1 guard tower and crappy looking fortress in mountain base doesnt have all shadows made but its still very well playable and doesnt annoy that much i think.

Download: http://rapidshare.de/files/23274141/...rmImp.rar.html

After seeing how that fortress looks with shadows, i decided to remove it and add small silo building where is 4 small silos, thats pretty fun object for infantry, and then add some sandbags and misc objects inside outside of it That is not done in this test version

Btw tested map and my fps wasnt any worse than it was without shadows, i guess those doenst make big difference after all.
Last edited by Deer; 06-16-2006 at 09:19 PM..
Old 06-17-2006, 03:12 AM   #19
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Will post in a couple of hours, half way through object lightmaps at the moment.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:39 AM   #20
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

okay, I'm going to need to submit saturday morning, I need to leave lightmaps to compile during the night.

Tags
community, day, mapping, project, reality, test