project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > PR Community Modding Archives
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: worse 0.3's new map?
CP Abadan 3 3.09%
El Alamain XXL 16 16.49%
Jabal Al Burj 5 5.15%
Jungle Fever 27 27.84%
Operation Nightshift 14 14.43%
Steel Thunder 6 6.19%
Zhanjiang Security Area 1 1.03%
Road To Knoygan'ni 3 3.09%
The Oasis 19 19.59%
Strike At Karkand II 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #41
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

i think they should do 'a bridge over the river kwai' map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 06-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #42
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Riki_Rude_BTYC
i voted for jubal feevre () if i was a map maker id love to redo jungle fever the right way, because everyone agrees it has so much potential, but it turned out absolutly horrid.
Aren't you a mapmaker? lol

Quote:
Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain. -Niccolò Machiavelli
Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #43
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]six7
Aren't you a mapmaker? lol
no riki is a gfx guy

Old 06-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #44
Agent Johnson

JF runs no problem on my computer. another thing that i noticed about it is that its looks as if it has no light map. some fog would help to make it look more jungle like and also if a problem boost the fps (if u dont mind me editing it i would add some fog to it, tell me if i can and ill do it and send it to u guys with some tweaks)

Old 06-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #45
Lazzars

Send a message via AIM to Lazzars Send a message via MSN to Lazzars

El Alamain XXL and jungle fever since i lag like a bitch on these maps (crappy low end system, die i say)

Old 06-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #46
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

i agree with tht coz i got a s**ty system in all

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 06-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #47
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

naw, i dont even have the map maker DLed, i wouldnt know where to start.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #48
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

Exclamation

Hey are the mapping forums invisible???
I just finished a qwia river map?? why ask for what is done!! hahaha

Seriously guys please come and support the mappers in their development threads...we get lonely....and we do post pics so please comment...we will have a map testing day next weekend..im sure you know already but lets let everyone know!!!

anyone wanna see a high mountain torabora type scenario..raiding caves and stuff.. I got an idea how to do it.....

for my money jungle is only fun with small groups...otherwise its a load of crap...the road to dadada is good but seriously needs to be finshed...crappy roads cant even be driven on....no realism in terrain..etc...Atually i like it but it dissapoints me...could be made in a day or two max...

full out map takes weeks....if not months...

Last edited by IronTaxi; 06-16-2006 at 10:22 PM..
Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #49
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTaxi
Lol, I've been working on Emirate Isle since April.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:59 PM   #50
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTaxi
Hey are the mapping forums invisible???
I just finished a qwia river map?? why ask for what is done!! hahaha

Seriously guys please come and support the mappers in their development threads...we get lonely....and we do post pics so please comment...we will have a map testing day next weekend..im sure you know already but lets let everyone know!!!

anyone wanna see a high mountain torabora type scenario..raiding caves and stuff.. I got an idea how to do it.....

for my money jungle is only fun with small groups...otherwise its a load of crap...the road to dadada is good but seriously needs to be finshed...crappy roads cant even be driven on....no realism in terrain..etc...Atually i like it but it dissapoints me...could be made in a day or two max...

you see its not easy to get the publics feedback. When i did muttrah i was just a normaly pub like you but i did many BF2 custom maps (which where nevere relased) and maps for TN + maps for other games and seen many mappers show off there work. Now when you do it you really need to show the best quility shots you can. This means, no editor shots unless its somthing you want feedback on fast.

Check out my muttrah topic, the first post did have early ingame screenshots of work in but they where edited out for the final shots. But if you scroll to page 3 or 4 and go on from there you will see shots of my work and how i did it.

http://realitymod.com/forum/t4504-fi...trah-city.html

if you want public feedback i found that was the best way

but you cant really tell what a map is like till you play on it

Tags
favorite, map, prmm, v03