project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > PR Community Modding Archives
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #31
JavaMoose
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitperson
If you sprint at it and jump it works.
Good, that will work...

Quote:
EDIT: CTD when run on low graphics and it lags like hell on medium.
The CTD on Low seems to be a bug, and not an issue with the map.

Lagging on medium? What are you running? I only have a 9600XT in an AGP4x slot and it isn't lagging for me...

Anyone else having lag issues?
Old 01-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #32
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

fx5200
256mb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 01-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #33
JavaMoose
Retired PR Developer

Updated Version 1.5 - Beta

Download the Map:

Hereford Training - Final

Updates
: Finalized Spawnables, Removed Teaser-Helo, Adjusted Ambients, Added Undergrowth, Added 16-Player and 32/64-Player Versions, Added 'Deer Stands'

16 Player Map:

What is a Deer Stand, you ask? Well, check it out:

Explosive Hint:

Last edited by JavaMoose; 01-13-2006 at 10:23 PM..
Old 01-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #34
JavaMoose
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
fx5200
256mb
Don't take this the wrong way, but don't you lag on every map with that set-up?
Old 01-08-2006, 05:04 AM   #35
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

A hint to get rid of the "The game will start when x more player joins"
Go to your serversettings.con file and change this line :
Quote:
sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 2
change the "2" to "1" then save.
Make sure to save a copy of the original first though, just in case. I've not had any issues joining servers with this line changed so you should be ok.

The file can be found at C:\Program\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\PRMM_02\Settings
Your path may differ from mine but I'm sure you get the idea of where it is on your drive.

DL finished. Now it's my turn to go and test this map!

First impressions ov version 1.5

Get rid of the crane or move it to the construction site where it will serve some purpose also make it full height so it can reach over the building it is supposed to be working on.

Lighting is not complete yet, obvious but I'm saying it anyway.

As has been mentioned before the name is kind of misleading. The map has a definite Middle East flavor so I suggest you rename it accordingly.

The little roadwork with all the pipes and stuff is a death trap. You can get into the hole but not out again... Also if you crawl to the end you will "fall off" and you will be able to actually crawl beneath the large pipe and really get stuck. Also, this is one of the few places I could find objects clipping into eachother. Look carefully at the plates covering the hole, see where they "clip" into the stair of the building?

I just plain love all the Teddybear and fishcrates. Without bots or a server to play on I bomb crates instead! Nice touch indeed!

The whole feel of the map is cramped almost claustrophobic! Even though it is such an open map... It feels real.

Good job this far, looking forward to the finished map!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Last edited by BlakeJr; 01-08-2006 at 06:31 AM..
Old 01-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #36
JavaMoose
Retired PR Developer

Thanks for some good feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]BlakeJr
Get rid of the crane or move it to the construction site where it will serve some purpose also make it full height so it can reach over the building it is supposed to be working on.
The only problem with making it full-height is that it is too easy to parachute to somewhere you aren't supposed to be. I mean, you'll die in three seconds if you managed to get outside the 'compound' - but I would rather people couldn't anyways.

I don't know if I like the idea of taking it out of the "industrial" zone. Remember, this isn't supposed to be a real city - it is supposed to be a fabricated training facility.

Quote:
As has been mentioned before the name is kind of misleading. The map has a definite Middle East flavor so I suggest you rename it accordingly.
Yeah, I think I am going to have to rename it. The only reason for the "middle east flavor" is because (I) I am very limited by what buildings BF2 has and (II) the 'facility' was designed to mimic ME for training. But, even so, I think a rename is going to happen.

Quote:
The little roadwork with all the pipes and stuff is a death trap. You can get into the hole but not out again... Also if you crawl to the end you will "fall off" and you will be able to actually crawl beneath the large pipe and really get stuck. Also, this is one of the few places I could find objects clipping into eachother. Look carefully at the plates covering the hole, see where they "clip" into the stair of the building?
Yeah, that is one of the things I am least happy with. Something is needed to fill that empty space - and I like the underground construction - but it isn't perfect.

Quote:
I just plain love all the Teddybear and fishcrates. Without bots or a server to play on I bomb crates instead! Nice touch indeed!
Did you blow whats left of the fuel in the Blackhawk wreck?

Quote:
The whole feel of the map is cramped almost claustrophobic! Even though it is such an open map... It feels real.

Good job this far, looking forward to the finished map!
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #37
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
The little roadwork with all the pipes and stuff is a death trap. You can get into the hole but not out again...
Hehe, I'm sorry, but it's possible. Was messing around today and I 'fell' into the hole. I bunny-hopped right back out of it, just to prove you wrong. But if you try walking out you're right. Just walk to the end of the hole not covered by pipes, facing that side. Look a little to your right, where there is a different slope. Jump on that, and keep jumping along that slope until you get out. So, it's possible.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

Old 01-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #38
IRONxMortlock
Retired PR Developer

Is someone able to provide me with a mirror for the download please? The download stops half way through for me everytime.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #39
JavaMoose
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]IRONxMortlock
Is someone able to provide me with a mirror for the download please? The download stops half way through for me everytime.
Check here.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #40
IRONxMortlock
Retired PR Developer

Thanks for the mirror.

Unfortunately it is only offering the old version. I gave this a try though and I was impressed. Very nice infantry map with loads of cover.

I noticed a ladder (on the building that explodes with a grenade) that you fall down as soon as you get the top.

I also noticed that you fall half-way through the floor on the ledge to the west of the pipes in the ground. If you approach the hole from the north, brush up against the building on your right until you've above the hole. At some point you'll fall.

Last edited by IRONxMortlock; 01-08-2006 at 11:41 PM..

Tags
beta, hereford, map, release, training, v10