project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #11
Hx.Clavdivs

That sound just like a tactic my clansmate would use. It would go something like this:

Hx1: Hx.Clavdivs - JUMP NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR - NOW! JUMP NOW!
Hx2: There she goes.
Hx3: But, she doesn't have a parachute?
Hx1: We know. *giggle*
Hx2: We know. *giggle*
Hx.Clavdivs: Hey guys? What button do I press to open parachute? Guys? GUYS? COME ON! WHAT BU.......

Yes, the joys of beeing the clans medic ...

The usually would do this in another game, but they would send me in to clear houses of clays with the second medic right behind me.

Hx4: Oh - that was bad luck! Oh well, *revives* off you go. Promise. No more clays in there. No, no. Ladies first, I insist.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #12
dizzy
Retired PR Developer

Or you could just have your SL as a spec. ops wait till he is safe and spawn on him.

Project Reality League Admin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #13
Katie
Banned

Just give every classes a 1x parachute, it shouldn't be that hard to code. If you can't do it, hell I'll do it myself.
Last edited by Katie; 08-26-2006 at 02:16 AM..
Old 08-25-2006, 02:54 AM   #14
.:iGi:. Sidd77

Woah! the one girl army eh? but the para drop idea sounds kool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:58 AM   #15
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
Just give every classes a 1x parachute, it shouldn't be that hard to code. If you can't do it, hell I'll do it myself.
If in your infinite wisdom you can make the BF2 parachutes single use, we would be much obliged. This has been looked into, and may continue to be looked into, although no plausible solution has been found. Even though the parachute launcher is a 'weapon' none of the ammo attributes affect it since its spawning a parachute and not firing a projectile.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
Old 08-25-2006, 03:04 AM   #16
Katie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot
If in your infinite wisdom you can make the BF2 parachutes single use, we would be much obliged. This has been looked into, and may continue to be looked into, although no plausible solution has been found. Even though the parachute launcher is a 'weapon' none of the ammo attributes affect it since its spawning a parachute and not firing a projectile.
But then again, after you jumped out from the sky, aren't you considers an Airborne? So why should Special Ops be the only on that could deploy a parachute later on in game? Seem kinda unfair.
Last edited by Katie; 08-25-2006 at 03:25 AM..
Old 08-25-2006, 05:42 AM   #17
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

The parachutes IMO arent worth the trouble. They are abused so badly, but having one class with them is alright in my book. It is still unfair if your just about to kill a special forces soldier and he bails off the rooftop like rambo on drugs.

Parachutes wouldnt really open up new situations besides that of an airborne insertion. Is a map with airborne insertion worth the negative effects of infinite 9 rapping? If it were my choice I would remove the parachute entirly seeing as we dont have the knowledge or probally even the possibilty of limiting its usage. When we get an airborne division in the mod, I will agree with the parachute, but I dont see how it benefits anything.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #18
=|Azeitona|=

A special mode map like "airborne map" its a nice idea. Like an island with a airport. There will be a big plane to get all players in, and, later, drop the soldiers (with parachutes) somewhere in the map.

I was thinking about a map like this.

I have a sign link the DEVS one, click on the flag to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
sh*t happens.
About 0.4 release
Old 08-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #19
Nuclearmissile

but a map like that would inherently need very few flags to prevent one team from just doing a land strike, and if thats the case, wont it become base-rapers heaven?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
causticbeat

From what ive heard, arent there liek 14 kits in .4? Why not add in a 15th thats like, paratrooper. give him the shorter version of the SAW or whatever (less accurate, slower rate of fire) binoculars, a knife, and of course, a parachute.

Tags
drop, para