project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
bigbossmatt

Default Civilians a possibilty?

With the new coop mod (hopefully working well in 1.4 patch) civilians might be a possibility.

Imagine in coop mode you had the AI only take certain kits. These kits have a civilian skin. Their behaviour is programed to be passive, to dwell in house and perhaps to have a pistol to fire when threatened (ie you enter a radius of like 3 metres and point your gun at them).

I can't see, with my limited mod skills, how this wouldn't be possible. The possibilities seem endless. On MEC maps, civilians with RPG, with little to no skill at them firing on US Marines. In china, some families in their rooms...

If you kill one you could lose points if and only if they havent begun fire on you. If they are programed to do this rarely it would be cool.

Perhaps have crowds of civilians (children and women too) crossing roads in Karkand at certain times. Would be fun..

Any way, the point of this post was to ask if in your better experience, and with the new coop modes, will this be something you think that modders will get into?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

i've suggested this a number of times for extraction especially...never got a response though
Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
dunkellic

eh, arent "civilians" that fire upon you considered as "militia" or something else, just not as "civilians"?
if we add some, i would make them weaponless, and you are to avoid any casualites of them - also, i would add them only on certain game modes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
southtarnation

Send a message via Yahoo to southtarnation

Add them! No weapons for the civillians though. Make it a TK if any one shoots one. Yhen you loose points for being a cold hearted killer. Medics should be able to save them too.

Make it like Irobot. All the AI civvys will seek out eachother and huddle together, then move in groups to find the other aimlees AI civvys.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

Now that would be awesome. But nigh-on impossible.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

US/UK could loose points but not the MEC or CHinese.

HOwever in full blown street fighting like in Kark - every single civilian would have run from the city OR be hidng in on of the many indestrutable buildings that reside through out all BF2 cities.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #7
.:iGi:. Sidd77

Yea but if you suspect em to be a MEC in *disguise* you can shoot em then the other civi's go crazy and some how become armed then a player can decide to be the Militant class.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
dunkellic

this would open totally new options for mec spec ops, who could perhaps disguise themselves in the crowd

Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

I had ideas like this before the day of BF2, when all i had that was remotely close to PR was that game where you got 4 player you can switch between adn you go round killing Iraqis.

PRoper number of Civils would ONly work if:

- Atleast 40% of the buidligns could be accessed (go inside), compared with the 5% or less in BF2.
- City maps where larger, non of this 3 routs to attact, we would need full 360 dgree cities, wehre you can attact form atleast 180 dgrees and there is alot more freedom.
- Capable of handling over 80 bots, possibly 150 ish for a really decent game. With 1 single large bloc of falts containg 25+ civs.

- Intellignet AI...............NO CHANCE!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Really put it simpaly, we do not have any 1 on this team that knows anything about how the AI in BF2 works. AI is the part of mapping ive never wanted to look at as im not a big fan of AI personly but I dont know if it would be possibal for Civilians ither. I know this topic has been brung up before coop came out but ummm, untill we get some ppl on the team that know anything about AI i really dont think we have a chance of doing it to be honest...

Tags
civilians, possibilty