project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289
Default Task Force Red Dog - improvised carry method

Just watched a program on Task Force Red dog where they strapped spec ops troops to a apaches ammo bay to ferry them up a mountain and was wondering when that would be added to PR.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #2
Ghost1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]trogdor1289
Just watched a program on Task Force Red dog where they strapped spec ops troops to a apaches ammo bay to ferry them up a mountain and was wondering if that would be added to PR.
dunno if thats a common practice or just a specops being wierd thing.

"Every time there is any flying vehicle on a map, most people turn retarded." - SJT

"jesus christ thats not a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thats an essay with a picture attached lol" - unrealalex
Old 08-01-2006, 02:50 AM   #3
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Can I heal myself by knifing and eating snakes?

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 AM   #4
Cerberus

Trogdor, that method sounds extremely rare.

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Old 08-01-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
A.J.Sawyer
Retired PR Developer

ROFL at NikovK.

Seriously though, it'd be cool, but even if it was possible, which I doubt, I can't see it being used that much.

You did not bear the Shame
You Resisted
Sacrificing your Life
For Freedom, Justice and Honour
Old 08-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #6
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

If you let us do something like that in the game, believe me , we would use it all the time to sneak in behind people. It would just be another reason to " KILL THAT HELO NOW"
It sounds very uncomfortable IRL though.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

the UAV's could always let down a hooked line and if you stand in its path it catches on your webbing and quickly gets you out of sticky situations,
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Viper5

Actually, Special Forces can now be picked up by a in-flight C130 with an attachment, and I forget the name but there is a rope on some helos in the 160th SOAR that can attach and then fly out. But considering at this point PRMM just the Marines for US, no point in implementing
Old 08-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
A.J.Sawyer
Retired PR Developer

They use a V shaped attachment at the front, the soldier in need of Evac launches a balloon with a rope attached to him, and the C-130 hooks on, lifting him up.

You did not bear the Shame
You Resisted
Sacrificing your Life
For Freedom, Justice and Honour
Old 08-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #10
Major Ursa Norte

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]A.J.Sawyer
They use a V shaped attachment at the front, the soldier in need of Evac launches a balloon with a rope attached to him, and the C-130 hooks on, lifting him up.
This is true, but due to severe neck and back injuries, this method of extraction was killed. About the only place you will see this is in a James Bond movie.

The only promising extract methods I have seen as of late all center around dead drops of specialized equipment that will enable the soldier to extract himself. Examples I have seen are carbon fiber buggy kits, parafoils and single use submersibles.

These would be used to provide means of self extract from LZs that are too hot for either rescue troop insertion or normal fixed wing or rotor extraction. The premise is that the dead drop will not give away the position of the soldier in need as it can be dropped at a mission determined rally point and the item dropped will expedite self extraction by providing a means of fast locomotion to the soldier so getting out of the hot zone can be done quicker. Once out of the hot zone, normal extract techniques can be used with a higher degree of safety.

Ofcourse, these methods are only valid for soldiers that are healthy enough to utilize them. Injured troops still require hot extracts.

As far as straaping yourself to an Apache, with the Little Bird in this mod, why would you want anything else for a rapid airborne insertion?

the smoker you drink, the player you get. Cheap, but effective.

Tags
carry, dog, force, improvised, method, red, task