project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #31
mavit

From what i have read it various novels i have come to the conclusion that shooting from the hip is a tactic employed in CQB. the SAS in the killing house (a purpose built building simulating rooms of various sizes where they can place scenarios and furniture) they zero the flashlight on the pistol and then when they burst into the room......fog and flashbangs going off they do not need to focus down the sights they can move there eyes freely...knowing that if someone pops there head round from under a sofa they can point the flashlight in the general direction and double tap them the end........basically if anyone should be fifring from the hip it should only be the special forces.....anyone else should lack in accuracy

~~~You Think That Is Air You Are Breathing Now~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:21 PM   #32
Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavit
From what i have read it various novels i have come to the conclusion that shooting from the hip is a tactic employed in CQB. the SAS in the killing house (a purpose built building simulating rooms of various sizes where they can place scenarios and furniture) they zero the flashlight on the pistol and then when they burst into the room......fog and flashbangs going off they do not need to focus down the sights they can move there eyes freely...knowing that if someone pops there head round from under a sofa they can point the flashlight in the general direction and double tap them the end........basically if anyone should be fifring from the hip it should only be the special forces.....anyone else should lack in accuracy
the SAS used the firing from the hip techique on the emabassy seige, using the flashlight on the mp5 to aim at their targets. they carried pistols purely as a back up incase of their submachines jamming.

but they trained extensivly with that techique. its not somthing that armies would pratice. but hollywood loves it. its not somthing that should be used on the battlefield.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #33
Pliskin

Send a message via MSN to Pliskin

Can we get a Dev's opinion on the different mouse sensitivities (sp?) thing? I like the idea of that.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #34
mrmong
Banned

PRMM close combat would be LMG gunner > pronefire > dead
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #35
mavit

yes usualy that is what i have found has happened.....in the arcady world of battlefield its the most efficiant way of doing it....you try whipping out a pistol and going to crouch and youve got at least 20 rounds in your chest by the time you get one off

Old 08-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #36
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavit
yes usualy that is what i have found has happened.....in the arcady world of battlefield its the most efficiant way of doing it....you try whipping out a pistol and going to crouch and youve got at least 20 rounds in your chest by the time you get one off
Not really, I have taken out 3 guys up close before with the pistol, but they were all headshots. I think when the prone thing is fixed, you will have more of an advantage with a pistol because you have far less recoil then the other guy and just aiming for the upper body will usually hit there. The iron sights are also a lot easier to use then the M16 or AK because you can see far more around you and of the enemies body.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #37
mavit

sure point accepted butttttttt if the dude with the SMG aims somehwere around the crotch area almost every round he fire will be a hit as the recoil rises the muzzle it will go crotch torso probably hand and arm then head if your lucky.....all in around 10 rounds

Tags
close, combat, pistols