project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan
Default Fallen Kits

When you die, you leave behind a 'bag', and within the bag. that is nicly labeled, contains the kit that was dropped. How unrealistic is this? Well, I cant put into words how unrealistic it is.

I propose a plan to make the fallen kits turn into the primary weapon model of the downed man. It makes more sense to me, because it has its advantages, like knowing what you are going to be picking up.

I know too, that because all of the weaponry has not been completed yet, that this has to wait.

Desert combat did this very nicely, and it just makes sense. Anyways, debate, argue, w/e. Just dont say im wrong unless you have a better idea, you smartys.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:50 AM   #2
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wrong

An M16 for a Rifleman, Light Anti Tank and Medic... how do you know what the kit is?

egg

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
Malik
Banned

Because it'd be a neat little pile (no larger than the old kit bags) containing the key elements of that kit, such as their primary weapon, the rifle, and then something to indicate their actual purpose, so for the rifleman they would have the optics, the Light AT would have a tube rocket and the Medic would have their defibs. The only concern is not adding a model of the stuff that could be confused, such as C4, grenades, Ammo bags or Medic bags as people would either dive away from the fallen kit in fear it'd blow up, or try to recharge off it and get angry.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:05 AM   #4
Dylan

You know what the kit is about 90 percent of the time, because most fighting takes place upclose, and personal... Plus you usually hear the gun shot, and a well trained ear can recognize that, and when you hear a "UHH" and the lack of that gun sound, that means that weapon is dropped... Its the matter of finding it, if you dont see it.

Im not sure what exactly you mean though what do you mean how do you know what the kit is?

(american flag-Medic icon= Medic rifle -instead of Medic flag with icon on a bag) I guess this makes sense, and I dont know how I can explain this any further...
Old 07-09-2006, 05:09 AM   #5
Dylan

No no no, Malik... I mean simply, just the primary weapon of the kit role...

Rifleman- The World model of the rifle (either army)
Sniper- World model of the sniper rifle (not claymores, just rifle)
So on so forth...
You dont need to show the extra equipment, just the main weapon.
Anti tank is debatable. Either the anti tank weapon, or the PDW is supposed to be shown... Not both, thats what I am trying to say. If you add all the equipment, okay, realistic... But lots more frames will be lost. Plus you get to look at a hunk of junk.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:20 AM   #6
Malik
Banned

Well how about a little bag indicating "all the other stuff" and then the rifle? I think at the moment it's more realistic to pick up a mystery bag for all the kit than to simply take the rifle and have the nades.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:23 AM   #7
Dylan

Yeah, Alright, that makes sense too... Good idea, I think that is best right now.

Since this was a realism related topic, that makes a lot of sense... Or how about a backpack like Support has? That makes even MORE sense then a bag that the soldier doesnt even carry...
Old 07-09-2006, 05:30 AM   #8
Malik
Banned

well yeah, the model could just be that player's backpack, with their rifle. Yes, it'd take up more polygons, but people die less on PRMM, right?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:34 AM   #9
Dylan

People do die a lot PR or not... Maybe just make the kits 'dissapear' faster. Once you die once, it falls, die again it is replaced. Or just give it a 30 second dissapear rate. (lol same thing but w/out 1 second added)
Old 07-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #10
Viper5

Default IMO

IMO, you should just be able to take ammo off the guy if it fits your weapon

Like on Mashtuur the USMC-

Support, Medic, Asssault, Sniper, Light AT could all sahre ammo.

Cause how realistic is it for a Sniper to suddenly pick up a medic kit and be a trained expert?

Tags
fallen, kits