project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
3FJ_Hummell

Default Chinese Small Arms

This may not mean a bunch from a guy that has only been playing PRMM for a week (CANNOT STOP PLAYING IT!) but everytime a chinese map arrives I shutter. Some of these Chinese weapons suck and thats dice not the PRMM improvements.

For example The Chinese are removing the type 56 rifle from frontline/assault troops and have upgraded them to the type 95 assault rifle (Mid/late 90's), pictured below.

Or the newest Chinese assault rifle the type 03

The Chinese also use the RPD or the Chinese type 56lmg, which stills is in service today.

My point is that some of the Chinese weapons are old and not currently issued to forward combat infantry. If anyone can make the change to something realistic...PRMM can.

Thanks,
Hummell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
Hawk_345

yes, i would love to see these instead of aks, chinese are the worst in this game, even more so then the mec, PRMM should defenatly look into this, or come up with some other types for them to use.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #3
OiSkout

Yea, playing Chinese is like playin MEC all over again, just different terrain and I can understand what they say. Diversity in the game would be a lot nicer.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
[T]Terranova7

This has been discussed pretty extensively before. Virtually though almost all of the sides need some major rehauls in terms of small arms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of
|

Old 06-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

I remember in the early nineties when everyone was bricking it on the information that the chinese had ordered a million laser units to slap on their rifles, of a power that can blind a soldier imn one second, even faster if they are looking through scopes, binos, etc.

of course, if we'd known better then, we'd have realised they haven't got the cash to do that purchasing!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #6
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

I like that type 03, but the type 95 design is already ingame isnt it? Thus, we need more options to choose from. But I like that Type 03 definitly!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
3FJ_Hummell

I guess I didn't look hard enough to see this was widley discussed here. Not making the point moot but I think it would be something to push PRMM father ahead than other games.

The type 03 Rifle is basically a carbon copy of the Galil Rifle (one of the best made assault rifles) constructed by a subsidiary of Norinco Firearms. The Chinese have based several weapon systems off copying the Galil frame. I would love to see a PRMM Chinese force carrying Type 03 and it's variants. This would be a great offset to the USMC Suppressed Sniper rifle, The type 05 sub gun. This gun would be great for replacing that piece of garbage Chinese spec ops gun. It's not that the gun is crap is the sight apeture. Pic placed below

As far as the MEC I think that there weapon systems are fairly accurate and decent. The AK-101 and AK-103 are a common Eastern European infantry based weapon system. I do however, would like to see the addition or limited kit of the AN-94 (Abakan 94 Assault Rife pictured below).

I also would like to see the infamous scorpion subpistol issued to AT, which would give an edge to the MEC element.

Hummell

Old 06-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
Dylan

That is a Czech weapon and I doubt that it is going to be used in an army that would probally use indiginous weaponry.

I like your suggestions though, dont get me wrong, just find something " a little closer to home" if you know what I mean.

BTW, I want the Ak-103.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Pence
Banned

Czech or not, The Czech are hardly known for expencive products.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #10
Dylan

But thats not my point, my point is that the MEC should use their own indiginous weapons, and not imported ones... If it wasnt a fictious army, and they used imported weapons I would say thumbs up. But my point stands.

Tags
arms, chinese, small