project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
NiGHTWoLF

Default Commander is boring

I was playing as commander in the fun game on the iGi server last night and I have to say it is no wonder no one hardly ever goes it, its so freaking boring. All that people so is ask for supplies now and then since on some maps there is no artillery and UAV has been taken out. I gave people orders and thats it... pretty boring huh? I'm not exactly sure what can be done to make it more interesting, perhaps (I think probably mentioned sometime before) but having a secondary form of artillery? such as an air strike? all you'd prob need is the sound of a plane flying over really fast and then a pin point accurate bomb falling on the target? Used for armour targets and such? not to effective on infantary which is where the artillery is more effective? or even just a very short uav which only the commander can see on a small scale on the command screen? I mean in reality you are going to have some degree of knowledge of enemy movements correct?

Please post anything you think could make commander more interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You're most probably a noob
Old 05-31-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Malik
Banned

I find it perfectly interesting. I can be fighting along side my comrades, giving them all a points boost as well as commanding the battle. If you zoom in on the commander map, you get a live feed of the battle, a lot more effective than the UAV, except you don't get a dumb red dot on targets, you have to look out for them yourself.

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
NiGHTWoLF

Ohhh come on, you got to admit its boring. I like being commander but I wish I had more thinks to do with it that just purely dropping supplies and telling squads what to do. I want the commander to be feared and put fear into the enemy!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You're most probably a noob
Old 05-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
Nick666

Hi,

I don't want to be offending, but what I really don't like is the answer "If you don't like it than don't play it" mentality some members have on this forum.
PRMM is under development and this forum (suggestions !!) is here to discuss things around PRMM.
you can't please everyone, but I'm sure many things can be improved in PRMM. So ideas, suggestions, and constructive critics should be welcome.
So, when somebody have nothing else to say than a "don't play it", maybe this person finally has nothing to say.

Back to topic:
I think playing the commander is a full time job when you have to manage many squads and have to look to enemy movement by zooming in and out.
Indeed i don't feel like a commander because I miss some high-tec toys like a scouting drone or an AWACS.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
.:iGi:.U.G.H.

I hate it when commanders spam arty all the time but quite like it to be used on squad leaders request at their chosen co-ordinates as it's of team/squad benefit/use then. As said, if you find it boring, don't go it.

You can of course still spot enemy which is fine so no need for UAV. I wish more commanders would pay attention to squads movements and help them out by doing this though!

We are recruiting high skill players for PR -
Old 05-31-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Dandy

My suggestion Commander should not appear in the "real world" so he can focus on what he does best. He should have player controled UAV!!!!!

Admin: datorbutiken.se
gaming.datorbutiken.com
Join Our PRMM 0.3 server 212.247.85.206:16568, were teamwork is demanded
Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

mine strikes. Thats what we need.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Hey UGH I've been Cmdr a number of times and right clicked on the map to spot a hostile and couldn't - the option wasn't there....
Old 05-31-2006, 09:42 AM   #9
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

the commander and sl have too little options, the SL needs to be able to give quick on the spot oders and more complex seriese of waypoints.

For the commander i really dont know. Cos he should be able ot rely on sl carring out objectives with out input.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

I play commander all the time when it is available. While commander I will either Snipe or spawn medic and blast out the heals.

Tags
boring, commander