project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Gaz's Avatar
Default

correct, the ability to spot enemy soldiers/vehicles has been removed from the commander's option.

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"By profession I am a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #12
Sealights

Sealights's Avatar
Default

I think the comander must have more advanced squad leading waypoints, make rutes from checkpoints from point 1 to 2 to 3 etc... than to go straight to the flag. I realy like Rainbow six map menu.

More squad menus, like defend this angle or radius.
More TACTICAL

I think it will make it more interesting than the simple comander mode we have right now.
Sealights is offline
Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #13
TheVoodoo
Default

is it possible to code, that the commander is only able to spot someone, when he has fully zoomed in? The radius of spotting should be held small.
TheVoodoo is offline
Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #14
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

eggman's Avatar
Default

Commander in PR does not have the same "god's eye" view and capabilities as in vBF2.

I supposed you could say the CMDR in vBF2 is more like a Brigadier General and in PR .. if the Squad Leaders are Lieutenants, the Commander is more like a Captain.

Commander has the same spotting capablities as anyone else... use the comm rose, spawn as a class with Binocs or SOFLAM.

Get in there and get dirty!

egg

Cheers!
egg



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline
Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #15
.:iGi:.U.G.H.

.:iGi:.U.G.H.'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz
correct, the ability to spot enemy soldiers/vehicles has been removed from the commander's option.
Ah right. I just assumed half the people appearing as spotted was them.

We are recruiting high skill players for PR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.:iGi:.U.G.H. is offline
Old 05-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #16
JuniperM40

JuniperM40's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
Get in there and get dirty!
Bingo.

The role of the commander is to get in there with his troops!

I play commander quite frequently - and you will almost always seem me "up on the line" w/the rest of my team - fighting/defending/attacking. I also do *NOT* give orders - PRMM AAS mode already enforces which flags have to be done in what order. No sense cluteering up the SL's screen with lines, smoke, and arrows.

A Smart SL will do his own "move/attack/defend" requests w/his Squad. He does *NOT* need me tellimg him what to do. I am there as the SL's resource, not the other way around. =) (i.e. I work for the squad leaders, they do not work for me - think of it that way in PRMM, and you will win!)

BTW, I have seen some "new-to-PRMM" commanders do the "hide at the HQ, lie down, and look at the map all day". THIS IS NOT HOW TO PLAY AS AN EFFECTIVE COMMANDER in PRMM.

You are a member of your team - get out there and help them win! If an SL needs an arty hit, or a re-supply, you will see that on your map (and w/appropriate audio too). You can quickly switch back, [accept] the request, and continue moving forward with your troops. It's awesome too when your own team sees the commander "up there", firing, taking hits, and generally working.

Else... You're doing nothing but giving your team a "1 man disadvantage".

Just my $0.02. I've never been "bored" as a commander.

- Jm40.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JuniperM40 is offline
Old 06-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #17
[k]MuffinMaster

[k]MuffinMaster's Avatar
Default

Give the commander points for KILLING and FLAG CAPTURE and you will NEVER
see him do the "hide at the HQ, lie down, and look at the map all day" again.

-MuffinMaster, former [R-CON]

".....there's a life past those weapons you know." -[R-DEV]Gaz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[k]MuffinMaster is offline
Old 06-01-2006, 05:13 AM   #18
.:iGi:.U.G.H.

.:iGi:.U.G.H.'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperM40
Bingo.

The role of the commander is to get in there with his troops!

I play commander quite frequently - and you will almost always seem me "up on the line" w/the rest of my team - fighting/defending/attacking. I also do *NOT* give orders - PRMM AAS mode already enforces which flags have to be done in what order. No sense cluteering up the SL's screen with lines, smoke, and arrows.

A Smart SL will do his own "move/attack/defend" requests w/his Squad. He does *NOT* need me tellimg him what to do. I am there as the SL's resource, not the other way around. =) (i.e. I work for the squad leaders, they do not work for me - think of it that way in PRMM, and you will win!)

BTW, I have seen some "new-to-PRMM" commanders do the "hide at the HQ, lie down, and look at the map all day". THIS IS NOT HOW TO PLAY AS AN EFFECTIVE COMMANDER in PRMM.

You are a member of your team - get out there and help them win! If an SL needs an arty hit, or a re-supply, you will see that on your map (and w/appropriate audio too). You can quickly switch back, [accept] the request, and continue moving forward with your troops. It's awesome too when your own team sees the commander "up there", firing, taking hits, and generally working.

Else... You're doing nothing but giving your team a "1 man disadvantage".

Just my $0.02. I've never been "bored" as a commander.

- Jm40.

We are recruiting high skill players for PR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.:iGi:.U.G.H. is offline
Old 06-01-2006, 05:15 AM   #19
.:iGi:.U.G.H.

.:iGi:.U.G.H.'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [k]MuffinMaster
Give the commander points for KILLING and FLAG CAPTURE and you will NEVER
see him do the "hide at the HQ, lie down, and look at the map all day" again.
I didn't even realise they didn't...

What do they get points for? If they kill (not with arty)/revive/supply etc do they get no points for it?

We are recruiting high skill players for PR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.:iGi:.U.G.H. is offline
Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #20
coolhand
Default

There should be a bonus with the flagcap delay when a commander is among those trying to capture it. That way, it'll be an initiative to 'lead from the front' and give the commander a usefull purpose out in the frontlines. Maybe say, if a commander was capping the flag, then say the speed of cap is (x1.5) or something like that.
coolhand is offline
 


Tags
boring, commander
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.