project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Pantera

Default Para - Class

Hey dudes,

i was thinking that it might be very cool that have a para class, to hop outta a hercules and land at the CP, i think it might be cool, and useful.

what ya guys think ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Malik
Banned

Well, there's already the Spec Ops class with their parachutes, but if you're suggesting a class that spawns in midair, I'm not sure that's possible to have it unique to one class. I know you can have airborn spawn points, it happens on Night Flight for the SAS team on BF2:SF, but of course there's always a chance someone doesn't know how to parachute and hits the floor. :P
Old 04-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Its easy to spawn players in mid air, ive done it on afew of my first maps. you just shuve a spawn point 500m off the ground. the big problem with it that i, and other mappers from what i can tell aint found a way to make playey get a shute from when he spawns there auto like you use to be able to in BF42. But now im working on a mod it might be possibal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

this class thing get really comlicated, making sure they are all balenced, making them realsitic but still keep em fun - almost impossible.

I like the idea of a para class. What i think would be better: you select a normal class and then add a parachute.
when you have a parachute on you, you can only walk sowley and you can only spwn at a aircraft/ heli spwn point.

Anouther idea is to have a fflying spwn point, that circles around the mpa and you cna then jump out the back of it, when it is below the place you wnat ot land.
To increase team play it could be made that only a whole suqad can jump together adn that the spwn point can only be accessed if the SL allows it to be. This stops random jumpers.

Sadely the maps are too small to have a large troop transpot but a large helicopter could fit this role phefectly. If parachute where added in the way i mention a chinhook could also be added. Wiht the ability to carry 2 squads.

Again to enhace this, SL could be given the option to request a para drop at a certain location to the pilot, and then the a jump now command.

A sole para class would not work that well becuase they are equipted with so many diff weapons in real life adn you still need all the other classes.
But thanks for bringing it up;.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Malik
Banned

The rotating spawn thing is possible, just go SL and hover 250ft over the map, get people to join and jump, leave the squad and it's all done! I often do that with squads, I love doing stealth paradrops onto targets, such as the Mosque in Mashtuur where you can catch the snipers off guard or the hotel in Oman. Yesterday I paradropped onto the hotel, landed ON a proned sniper and knifed him, then paradropped to the flag and capped it. It was one of the coolest maneuvers I've ever pulled off. :P
Old 04-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #6
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

but that is really dodgy teamwork, i know it can work well BUT if you got a decend SL it can be impossible for him to regain control after all the goign and leaving - about as realstic as putting monkies of steroids and getting them to play chess!

What you said actually should vindicate the whole idea of improvign parachutes cos shows lack of realism - PR = reaslim and what you said underminds it. (this aint blmin jsut shows probs with PR gameplay)
Old 04-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #7
Malik
Banned

If you're suggesting an altitude limit, I do agree. It's too easy to jump from 20ft heights and have the parachute effective straight away. They should only really be used when jumping from aircraft, but it'd be nice if grappling hooks could be incorporated to allow for low descents to work without a ladder needed.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #8
Pantera

Cant we all just jump of a airplane when the lights go green ? lol

Old 04-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

that is why my first psot is so correct and brilliant. SL decide when to jump and where from THEREFORE when they say the "jump now command" the greenlights goes and the whole squad goes walkies from 3000ft out the back of a herk.

I belive that every thing i said in my first post is almost compleely right and should be implamented why the cool PR dudes have time - how vain but tis 100%truth.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #10
Malik
Banned

I'm pretty sure that's not possible. It's a good idea, but it's not going to be possible to add a feature that allows spawn points to be put in game anywhere by the squad leader, then somehow put a whole squad at this spawn point at the same time. I hope the devs prove me wrong on this though, I can imagine it being a cool gameplay element, but it's going to bring exploits with it. Just imagine if we could do this at will, everyone would choose to spawn in the air and it'd get pretty tiresome, not to mention to amount of points the AA vehicles would rack up. :P

Tags
class, para