project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Arrow Small Req. - Add weapon used in tk messages

Could you guys please add the weapons used in tk messages?

Like:

mrtard[teamkills - knife]mrinnocentguy

pic:

or, since we know that the only messages are from tks, you guys can take out the "teamkills" and just have

mrtard[knife]mrinnocentguy

This would help a lot when making the decision if it was an accident or not. For instance, if you were tked with a knife, then there is a 0% chance it was an accident.

(note: this is really easy to do and all you have to do is change the localization files abit, it's just a matter of doing it)

ie:
Quote:
HUD_HUD_KILLEDBY_TEAMKILLS ยง0#PLAYERNAME1# [teamkills - #WEAPON#] #PLAYERNAME2#

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by GeZe; 02-17-2007 at 12:07 AM..
Old 02-16-2007, 11:55 PM   #2
lonelyjew

Why? When you get knifed by a teammate you know it. When a teammate shoots you to death from any distance you know it. When a teammate nades you you know it. I can go on and on. The point is that I've yet to be confused what a teammate tk'd me with and I rarely am confused by the context. Not a bad idea in theory but not really necessary or needed.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
Old 02-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Why not? How couldn't it hurt. It's literally a one second cut and paste job.

Lots of times I have been teamkilled out of nowhere and don't know by what. This would certainly help.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
lonelyjew

As I said it's not really needed. Hell, if the dev's want to do it more power to them.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
Cyber-Couch

I can see this being useful to server admins as an extra piece of evidence. Especially if it was added with what vehicle the victim was in at the time if at all.

Bloobernoob [teamkills - ATgun - Littlebird] Sillydude. That would be a little bogus and easier for a server admin to spot out and order a rightful kick/ban.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #6
Hfett
PR Mapper Team
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Hfett Send a message via Skype™ to Hfett

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyjew
Why? When you get knifed by a teammate you know it. When a teammate shoots you to death from any distance you know it. When a teammate nades you you know it. I can go on and on. The point is that I've yet to be confused what a teammate tk'd me with and I rarely am confused by the context. Not a bad idea in theory but not really necessary or needed.
It would help server admins like myself

Sometimes a guy report a intentional TK but since i wasent there i cant do nothing unless he had the tk on fraps or i was there and saw

Old 02-17-2007, 02:04 AM   #7
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Proof is in the puddin'
We need to self police.
This is transparency.
The whole server see's that you knifed a teammate.
Name aand SHAME !!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:10 AM   #8
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

Vigilante justice ftw!!! Also Armed wth is with your avatar?
Old 02-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #9
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Couch
I can see this being useful to server admins as an extra piece of evidence. Especially if it was added with what vehicle the victim was in at the time if at all.

Bloobernoob [teamkills - ATgun - Littlebird] Sillydude. That would be a little bogus and easier for a server admin to spot out and order a rightful kick/ban.
Yeah, it would be useful.

I don't know if you can include the vehicle and weapon used. Hmmm...

Old 02-17-2007, 05:09 AM   #10
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

I doubt you can include the vehicle, but i agree this would hlep server admins a little bit, and any help they can get that is easy why the hell not add it in?

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Tags
add, messages, req, small, weapon