project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
Prodical
Default How complicated is the weapon request?

I ask because I'm wondering if there is a way we can implement ONE anti-material rifle for each team (M-82 [US], AMR-2/Type M-99 [China], Steyr HS-50 [Insurgents]. I'm just wondering if this kind of system would work in PRMM, as it would add more excitement to the battlefield being able to stop a vehicle with one shot to the engine block
Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Thats all we need another sniper rifle.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Considering theres already only 1 or two conventional sniper kits per side, and the M95 is concealed on some maps as a pick up kit I think this might be a bit too much.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
[T]Terranova7

Interesting idea, though instead I propose an Anti-Material Rifle should replace the regular sniper rifles on more vehicle oriented maps.

Basically, maps like Greasy Mullet, Steel Thunder you'll only see anti-material sniper rifles instead of the regular ones . This would allow the sniper to take on certain vehicles to an extent. Otherwise, the infantry oriented maps (Or maps with less focus on vehicles) could keep the regular sniper rifles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of
|

Old 02-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
Wipeout

No! I want the Challenger II!! NOW! ERRR!!

I want a black eagle! I want an APACHE! I want I want I want I want!

As you can tell.. I'm dying for more vehicles. Infantry combat is fairly balanced as of now. .6 I believe it'll be as good as it gets.. Gotta look at .4 and .5 as the extremities. .4 the far left, .5 the far right, and .6 will be as close to center as possible..

I'm just dying for a Challenger! The Brits are lacking!

This is coming from a full time pilot / sniper.. I'm sorry but there are enough marksman rifles, and "sniper" rifles in-game as is.. Anything more and I think I'll have to many choices!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Fracsid

They could make the anti-materiel kit extremely limited... currently, it's one marksman and no sniper for eight players, one sniper and one marksman for 16, etc... perhaps the limit for an anti-materiel rifleman could be, say, twenty-five players?

Old 02-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #7
Wipeout

You'd rather see an anti-material rifle that you'll be able to play with maybe once.. Over a Challenger deuce?

Old 02-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
[T]Terranova7

I don't think anyone is suggesting it over anything. It is after all, just a suggestion.

I still like my alternative best. If the devs have any future intentions of implementing anti-material rifles, I'd recommend alternating them with the current sniper kits on larger and/or more vehicle focused maps. So instead of an M24 (Or M40A3 as it should be for the USMC) spawning below you, that Barret comes instead. I think it's better than cluttering up the request screen with another kit.

Member of
|

Old 02-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
Wipeout

Fine idea, there nova..

Tags
complicated, request, weapon