project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #21
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
You do know that the cotton will not weigh you down?

Cotton will weigh the same as long as its in the water.

E.G. A 500g jacket will weigh 500g under water.
True. But it will constrict you and make it more difficult to bear the weight of your equipment.

Personally I think that there should be a drowning timer, but a rather long one. We should be able to swim across rivers and stuff no problem. And pilots shouldn't be limited. Let's say that they've got life preservers underneath their seat cushion or something. Because if they have to eject over water, they may be in for a swim. Also spec ops dude should have a longer drown timer, allowing for waater insertions by helo.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Old 02-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #22
Figisaacnewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot
Good point. I don't think we ever changed the 'drowning' time from vBF2.
BF2 has drowning time? What is it, 10 minutes? I always assumed they just took it out, as in 42 and nam you'd drown in about 2 minutes or less, and I've swam around the carrier in oman 3 times once before, no drowning...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #23
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
True. But it will constrict you and make it more difficult to bear the weight of your equipment.

Personally I think that there should be a drowning timer, but a rather long one. We should be able to swim across rivers and stuff no problem. And pilots shouldn't be limited. Let's say that they've got life preservers underneath their seat cushion or something. Because if they have to eject over water, they may be in for a swim. Also spec ops dude should have a longer drown timer, allowing for waater insertions by helo.
I'm no pilot, but I do believe they have something on their vest that inflates. It makes sense.

Institute a timer, but not because it's gonna stop you from being killed on the carrier... lol Muttrah is the only map that the enemy does not have means to reach you. That means on the others you better watch your ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Clan Name: [:NET:]Boondock Saint
Pub Name: Determined
Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Kits should include inflatable rafts and people should down after 10 seconds except spec-ops.

Link me to a single story where regular troops had to swim with their equipment in a battlezone. Removing swimming will make bridges and APCs so much more important and critical on the battlefield.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
Teek
Supporting Member

I was on RFAD TS, Alpha squad was playing on muttrah and heard wormy say "If they don't bring attack, we`ll bring attack to them"
If USMC is too incompetent to attack docks for the 5 Min's it takes to swim then i say let they be boarded

Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
[T]Terranova7

How about making it so that swimming drains your stamina, even if you're not sprinting in the water. Basically, make it so that it decreases your stamina very slowly, and if you have no stamina in the water, you begin to drown. That would be my idea, or we can simply have some sort of drown timer like others suggested.

I do agree with one thing, some sort of "Dome of Doom" effect would be nice for uncaps. It helps prevent spawncamping, and makes for a better game overall.

Member of
|

Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #27
Simio1337

In Invasion of the Philippines the boats when sinking spawned a small 2 seater raft with a motor and everything temporarily.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #28
DaedalusAI1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
Ye would be good they can do it in the Hills of Hamoying
That is pretty bad if you are getting raped at the spawn by the China Men. Sounds like the way to fix the whole base rape thing is called teamwork. If your squads are doing their job, the only time you would be at the main point is at the beginning or if your spawn point was found and destroyed.

As far as other people commenting about swimming with gear. In light gear it isn't too bad. What you do is wrap your gear in plastic bags and take the air out to save space. Once you seel the plastic bag and drop your pack in water, the air that is left in your plastic bags in your pack will work as a floating device. Works rather well with light flak jackets though i never tried it while carrying a land mine or with armour plates in the flak jacket. It is tireing though but you will float.

Bunny from Platoon "... I get this bad feeling. I told the padre the truth man, I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody f#@%$ with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway..."
Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #29
Dakohunterwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teek
I was on RFAD TS, Alpha squad was playing on muttrah and heard wormy say "If they don't bring attack, we`ll bring attack to them"
If USMC is too incompetent to attack docks for the 5 Min's it takes to swim then i say let they be boarded
But he had just spawned so for all you know he was attacking and got destroyed. And he might not have had helicopters because people who couldnt fly tried to. (IF YOU CANT FLY DONT)
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #30
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakohunterwhite
But he had just spawned so for all you know he was attacking and got destroyed. And he might not have had helicopters because people who couldnt fly tried to. (IF YOU CANT FLY DONT)
Its not his fault if the helis are crashing on take off. The marines can still grab the boats. Or hell, they can even swim to the city, climb a ladder and tab to the docks.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!

Tags
carrier, muttrah, swimmin