project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
IDF-Godzilla

Send a message via ICQ to IDF-Godzilla Send a message via MSN to IDF-Godzilla
Default Smoothbore gun fired anti-tank guided missiles

Hey guys, i have an idea, can the tanks ingame with the smoothbore guns be armed with special ATGM's?
The ZTZ-98/99 and the T-90 can fire the Russian 9M119 Refleks (NATO codename: AT-11 Sniper) anti-tank guided missile. with this new weaponry the tanks can counter other armored vehicles better but in addition they could also have some sort of chance against low flying helicopters and other low flying air targets (adding this would need a new FCS for the tanks and have some sort of targeting system like the jets already ingame).

Picture of the 9M119 Refleks (NATO codename: AT-11 Sniper) anti-tank guided missile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #2
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

YEAH !
I'd like to see that.
The US has some kind of similiar anti air round for the abrams i thought.
I know there was like 5 selections in Armored Fist for all the different kinds of rounds they carry.
. 8 or . 9 maybe ???
Old 02-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
causticbeat

i think the forces/vehicles in PR are supposed to represent the general equipment of the army, and while thigns like this may exist, how common is it for your every day tank (oxymoron?) to have these?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
IDF-Godzilla

Well i don't know about other army's but the IDF equipt their Merkava tanks with the LAHAT anti-tank guided missile, apart from the AT-11 the LAHAT can be fired from a rifled Merkava 2 gun and from the Merkava 3/4 smoothbore guns in a certain cartridge.
I guess in the battlefield tanks would be equipped with some amount of these ATGM's, they are very useful against ERA equipped vehicles.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Altimaden

idf? isrealy defence force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]NikovK
What you do is hold down alt and cycle through the seats. Eventually you'll find a free rope, usually seat 4 or so.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
IDF-Godzilla

Yes, the IDF is the Israeli Defense Forces.
In addition to causticbeat's reply - a lot of today's tank use all kind of ammunition, not only 2 types of shells, one against armored targets and the other for soft targets.
I know the Abrams is using 4-5 different kinds of shells.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
Rusty_FunP

ATGM's fly much slower than conventional rounds, and wouldn't be that much of a help versus low flying fast movers or helicopters. Only tank gun launched atgm in use in US has been the Shillellagh launched from m551 sheridan's 152mm howitzer. Their only advantage when compared to the regular rounds is increased accuracy over vast distance, and better penetration for guns with large bore/low launch velocity.

7.62mm - One size, Fits all.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
dunkellic

while i think this could be quite nice - it was so in poe2 (which had guided missiles for tanks) - i dont think it should have a high priority. distances in pr arent so great that you need something guided for a tank and even choppers can be easily taken out with a sabot/heat round ingame

Old 02-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

the AT-11 sniper would be a one shoot , one kill for tanks , a great adition for the t90 / type99 , those tanks has less armor than m1a2/c2 (dont know if PR has this "feature") , and if you dont like much power for enemys of america , you can meka those ATGM limited , something like 2 of 4 tanks has the misil .
Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
dunkellic

the at-11 does not knock out a tank with one shot, maybe in the back, perhaps with some luck at the sides, but front armor - no way

Tags
antitank, fired, guided, gun, missiles, smoothbore