project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
=NAA=Spaztik_Ferret

Please no, the spawn times are brutal as they are in long games... perhaps keep the respawn time growth but cap it off at say +10 seconds..... or maybe allow it to decrease back down to 0 if the player is alive for some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I WILL TAKE THIS SIGNATURE OFF WHEN WE GET THE HUEY OR CH-53 IN PROJECT REALITY, MARINES DO NOT FLY BLACKHAWKS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #12
[uBp]Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenGarcia
Oh my God. A whole minute? I had no idea...
arent you cute. You know it feels like decades after you spawn, get killed by spawncamper, only to have to spawn alllll over again. Take your bullshit somewhere else.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uBp]Irish
You know it feels like decades after you spawn, get killed by spawncamper, only to have to spawn alllll over again.
What are you nine years old? Do you know what a decade feels like?

Seriously though, it's one minute.

Spawn times are always going to be different on individual servers, so if you just can't wait one minute (I know, it's hard), I'm quite sure there will always be at least one server catering to your preference.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #14
mammikoura

1st.
About spawncamping, from what I heard it shouldn't be a big problem in 0.5
So that shouldn't give you too many deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBabmo
if respawn time would be stretched even longer then I'm going back to vanilla for sure
If something like this would want to make you change back to vanilla then I'm not sure if you are really the type of a guy who I want to be playing pr with.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #15
[uBp]Irish

garcia stop patronizing me. it's bitching long when tickets are dropping/bleeding or time is ticking down. We want to play, not stare at a screen that says "You have been critically wounded. You will respawn in 26 secs." Stop being a dick. We would rather play than look at a screen, and i'm sure you can agree with me atleast on that.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #16
mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uBp]Irish
garcia stop patronizing me. it's bitching long when tickets are dropping/bleeding or time is ticking down. We want to play, not stare at a screen that says "You have been critically wounded. You will respawn in 26 secs." Stop being a dick. We would rather play than look at a screen, and i'm sure you can agree with me atleast on that.
true. But you can always play on those "instant spawn" servers if you don't want to wait. There are some, personally I hate them but if you don't want to have a long spawn time you can always try one of those servers.

To me waiting because you just died is a part of the game, one of the things that make this game good.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #17
Kitoro

I make an effort to keep my deaths under 9. Usually as SL, we defend>wait until other flag is neutral> move and SECURE> defend and repeat. No M4's,maybe one, And the whole squad keeps each other going and spawn time is low. Keep your deaths under 9.
I do agree if someone is dieing 60 times there should be some strict punishment for losing all those tickets for our team. I feel as if i failed, if my whole squad gets 60 deaths in total ffs.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
TomBabmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
1st.
If something like this would want to make you change back to vanilla then I'm not sure if you are really the type of a guy who I want to be playing pr with.
Watch your mouth, I'm usually in top 3 at the end of the round and I usually play as medic. If I happen to see your body on the ground I'll gladly leave you unrevived if you enjoy waiting so much... lol

Yes, waiting pisses me off sometimes. Often I'm the only medic and there's nobody to revive me. I'm playing carefully but medics tend to get into dangerous situations more often while trying to save others from that hell of waiting.

I say spawn time is good as it is now.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #19
Leo

For some reason spawn times in PR feel shorter than spawn times in vBF2, probably because by the time I'm done assesing(sp?) the situation on the squad map and got through planning which kit I should get and what to do with it with my squad, voila, its time to spawn again.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
TomBabmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
For some reason spawn times in PR feel shorter than spawn times in vBF2, probably because by the time I'm done assesing(sp?) the situation on the squad map and got through planning which kit I should get and what to do with it with my squad, voila, its time to spawn again.
What prevents you from doing the same in vBF2?

Tags
spawn, suggestion, time