project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
lonelyjew

Default Bullet drop

I'm not sure what the bullet drop rates are at the moment, but I think they need to be changed. It came to my attention that the m95's benefit is the minuscule bullet drop it has but it really should be no different then the m24's or any of the other sniper rifles. The M95's muzzle velocity is 854m/sec, the m24's is 853m/sec, the l96's is 838m/sec, and the dragunov's is the lowest at 830m/sec; this means that the bullets would take roughly the same amount of time to reach their targets meaning that their bullet drop should be roughly the same. In fact, with the exception of the g3 and AK-47, the Assault rifles should do as well, if not better in bullet drop then their sniper rifle counterparts.

Also, do you guys know if the bullet drop is accurate to real life? Based on the muzzle velocity's I could probably do the calc. to tell you how much bullet drop there would be for what distance but I'm a bit too busy at the moment to do so right now.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

The bullet drop for the regular sniper rifles is pretty nice. It might be a little more than RL though. I have never found the M95 to try that.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
Leo

I would like to know if there is Bullet Travel Time as well
Old 02-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Surround

Send a message via Skype™ to Surround

What weapons have bullet drop? Im not sure. Do even have travel time?

Old 02-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
DirtyHarry88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
I would like to know if there is Bullet Travel Time as well
Of course.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #6
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

look to my next post for some reason the edit button reposted me??.
Last edited by TristanYockell; 02-02-2007 at 09:20 AM..
Old 02-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

You also have to keep in mind surface area of the rounds ie air friction, bullet weight, and then the muzzle velocity, which drops quicker in certain calibers like russin M43, 7.62x39mm ball for example vs. the .223 fmj that tends to have a flatter trajectory, and a little less wind resistence, tends to hold its velocity for a little longer duration, even though during the first 100 yards the russian cartridge holds velocity longer.
I have figured this out by looking at value charts, and also by cronieing my .223 ruger mini 14 with 55grain Fmj, and my siminov M59 Sks, with M43 ball.
I would have to agree, that for the types of barrels used in these sniper rifles, powerful cartridges, and the twist rates, they should not have quite as much drop as they do, but I do not mean substantialy, this is only a minor thing, they are pretty close if you ask me.
I own .308's, .303's, a 30 06 and a 7.62x54mm mosin nagant, also.
Another quirk I have is the spread of buckshot, I think that the shot pattern is a little to large. I shoot alot of skeet and well pretty much anything else fun to fire at, old tv's old cars ect, with my shotguns. One of which has an 14 inch barrel (my remmy 870), cylinder choke, and it does not spread like that.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
APoutwest

I am still yet to see a video where bullet drop is demonstrated and I find that correcting for bullet drop usually means that my bullet goes high...
Old 02-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
lonelyjew

I don't know Tristan, the bullets are not in the air that long. I think that the effect of air resistance would be significant at even a half second(shooting over 400m).

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
Old 02-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
=NAA=Spaztik_Ferret

You guys arent even considering the weight of the round... A .50 is substantially heavier than the other rounds in game.

None of these weapons have adjustable sights in game, so leave the bullet drop alone I say...

Theres no way Kentucky windage should be in the mod.

I WILL TAKE THIS SIGNATURE OFF WHEN WE GET THE HUEY OR CH-53 IN PROJECT REALITY, MARINES DO NOT FLY BLACKHAWKS

Tags
bullet, drop