project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
Desertfox

Default Shells

Would be awesome to be in a huge firefight down say a alley and have casings or shells or w/e you want to call them laying all around for the whole round.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #2
KP
Retired Moderator

You sure that wouldn't cause lag?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Old 01-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
-=ToD=-KNIFE

Lets see as long as there not ragdolls they shoudnt do lag, remember there tiney little shells and caseings, sounds good i like
Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
KP
Retired Moderator

Dunno, with lots and lots of them lying around the whole map...

But still, it would be cool, to a certain degree. Not sure how cool the map would look after half an hour of firefights all over the place. Imagine wading through a half-metre-layer of empty casings trying to cross the street.

-Paul Howe
Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Valtasar

I would prefer body stay for all round and not disapear after you died. But shels are good to and I think they won't cause any lags.

Sorry for my English

Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah, that would be cool, but if they would stay until one dies, I'd be happy too.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
UKARMYCADET

Yes i have made a long topic on shells in a counter strike source forum. I think that they look awome glittering on the floor after a long ire fight. but they always seem to dissapear too fast.

If any of you guys have halo you will notice that the shells you have shot stay on the floor for about 10 seconds and it looks awsome.

so guys if you dont make the shells on the floor all the time at least make it a minute or so.

Thanks

UKARMYCADET

p.s i am though afraid that the shell on floor time may be hard coded. i ope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [5NFSO]Thunder
i hear the chinese insurgents are gonna have push bikes, and on some maps they might even have baskets or bells (they cant have both as its too imbalancing)
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
KP
Retired Moderator

That's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtasar
I would prefer body stay for all round and not disapear after you died. But shels are good to and I think they won't cause any lags.
Say...about 400 tickets on each side. Say one team wins 50-0. Say they win by all kills, and not by capping flags. Then you have 750 dead bodies littering the streets. Somehow, I just don't think it would look very good...

-Paul Howe
Old 01-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
Surround

Send a message via Skype™ to Surround

But bodies still be visible for a minute. It would warn other mates going into small street with full of bodies. Do really want to cross a street with full og bodies? I dont think so.

But 750 bodies in a map like karkand is just unrealistic. If us/mec/pla had over 100 dead men of 300, I think they would start reatreating than sacrificing the rest 200 men.

But 1 or 2 minutes visible bodies would look great.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #10
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Bodies stick around for 30 seconds in PR which is good enough. If the shells, bullet holes and vehicle wreckage could stay around that long too the atmosphere would change significantly.

Tank wrecks should burn and not disappear for a long time or until they are destroyed with explosives or shells.

Tags
shells