project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
SigzLV596
Default larger, open maps

I'd love to see some large open desert maps for 64 players. Having 2-4 small cities/villages as CPs, seperated by some open desert like the north and south in EJOD would be awesome IMHO. The just have a couple more cities that are much smaller (like 1/3 the size) and I'd never leave my computer.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

I love the idea of more open maps, and feel the MEC definetly need more if they are going to keep thier G3s.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 12-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Guerra norte

Yes I agree on this, could give us some interesting tank battles.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Rgr guys, my next project should be along these lines.

While PR plans to develop vehicle combat in the future, the maps need to change and take advantage on it. We have had some pleasant discoveries that should make these largers maps something really quite special.

So hold out and these large combined arms maps will be included with PR in the not so distant future.

Any suggestions and cool things you would like to see on these maps would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Leo

Lots of air bases, yes, lots.

I'd like to see a fight between a small island and a large carrier, like the one on BF2 SF. The small island would of course have a large airfield, and both sides would get up to 10 planes, but that may be really laggy
Old 12-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
Guerra norte

Screw undergrowth/overgrowth and buildings, set viewdistance to 1000m Oh and no Indiana Jones terrain like Al Falluja region
That's not very realistic.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Long viewdistances(you can skip bushes and stuff to reduce lag) with small villages and a few trees, together with some small hills to hide your tank/chopper would be perfect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

yup, thats the idea, make it mainly terrain features, with a nice huge view distance. I think 10 planes a side may be a little much, but It will include all types of vehicles.

The thing is, we have El Alamein, but it seems no one plays that? so im wondering how popular this map would actually be...
Old 12-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

El Al was taken out in 0.4 due to its crappy quality

Old 12-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Guerra norte

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
El Al was taken out in 0.4 due to its crappy quality
Lol... you mean taken out due to most PRMM players inability to use teamwork?
I always had fun on that map.
EDITED:ability-->inability.
Last edited by Guerra norte; 12-03-2006 at 07:16 PM..

Tags
larger, maps, open