project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD
Default add "Cease Fire" plea/shout to commo rose

Since FF is becoming and will remain a major issue and typing "Cease Fire" just isn't fast enough, can ALL soldiers commo roses have the plea/shout "Cease Fire" added?

Whilst an enemy can pick up your weapons and use them on you, where you have to decide if it's a FF situation or not, voices heard in the distance in your sides language would be so more effective.

This would mean MEC and Chinese players will have to remember the speech in that particular lanugage, but it is no real biggy. (forget insurgents, they don't deserve a FF warning for anything since they aren't trained forces)

This command will confuse the hell out of thos eplayers who turn on English Only voice overs of course, but they only need to learn half a dozen phrases normally and being on the net they should be worldwise enough to be able to and fully accept learning some foreign phrases (for instance, "pass auf" in german means "watch out" and not "piss off" as we thought when young and playing football against them, usually ending up in fisticuffs )
Old 11-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
NovemberRain

There's no room in comm rose for that so something has to be left out or redesigned... But yes, something like this would be good. I've been thinking the best option would be have a separate button which would say something like this and blink your tag over the distance. Or maybe easier to bind it to Page Down or "Negative". Currently double tabbing negative in FF situation usually helps, so we do have something like this already. Tag thing is impossible without hacking, but you always can bind negative to your mouse...

I have to do some research here, if it would be possible to have own button like Page down for cease fire.

E: Skel, Pgdwn and Up are roger and negative now, but maybe they could be made cease fire or vise versa or whatever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by NovemberRain; 11-24-2006 at 11:19 AM..
Old 11-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
$kelet0r

good idea - make roger that and negative pgup/dwn respectively to free up some space on the commo rose
Old 11-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Xizor

No room in the commo rose? Have you ever played PoE? They managed to double stack the commo rose, adding an additional command below the bottom one, and it works fine, I think it's the artillery request.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Eden

You can also have a commo rose button act as two commands (left and right mouse button to trigger them)

but why would you want to add cease fire? it does that automatically if your being shot by your team mate.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
southtarnation

Send a message via Yahoo to southtarnation

just remove neg and affirmative from the rose cause we have pg up and down. That would free up 2 spots with out getting clutterd.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

If more can be added, then environmental commands (ones that can stir all even with VOIP present) could be added. But I was thinking that there might only be limited ones to add/replace and the primary one needed is cease fire.

others I'd "like" to see would have been

"open fire"
"covering fire"
"retreat"
"charge"
Old 11-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
.:iGi:. Greg

If a friendly shoots you then 'cease fire' appears on the screen anyway. I suppose something could be useful if a friendly is shooting you but hasn't yet hit you, just to warn them, but then if they are doing that no messages on the screen are going to make them stop.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #9
Eden

the reason (i think) that people shoot at friendly's is the spotted command is completely unreliable, if it works you know its an enemy and shoot if it doesn't work you still don't know if its a friendly so your stuck with shooting and finding out or possibly being killed.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

A question, the page up " roger" acknowledges command orders and changes waypoints but the comm rose "roger" doesn't. Is it possible to make the copmm rose "roger" acknowledge orders ?
I find the spot does work even when you don't have line of sight.
In urban areas i depend on the spot to tell friend from foe as the mini map no longer zooms enough.

Tags
add, cease fire, commo, plea or shout, rose