project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
17 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #11
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

insurgent snipers are a real menace to troops from a lot of what I have read.

we've done some stuff to tone them down as part of some overall 041 balancing to Insurgents.

the gameplay dynamics problems on Basrah are not just the base camping snipers.

we'll see how it goes in 041 then make some judgements.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
APoutwest

How about replacing the drugonov with an actual hunting rifle of some kind.

Long reloads (maybe a single shot bolt no clips) this would deffinitely make the kit less pwnage a good balance between reality and fun i think.

With the name hunter the class should have a dear rifle not a sniper rifle.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
robbo

The Dragunov was originally a Hunting rifle.

You should place Sniper rifles for insurgents on roof tops and PKMs on long streets or choke points like the Real insurgents did in Fallujah.
They would say go to a roof top use a dragunov for 2 mags then ditch the gun nd run to say a street corner and find the weapons cache that was put their a day before the siege.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #14
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo

You should place Sniper rifles for insurgents on roof tops and PKMs on long streets or choke points like the Real insurgents did in Fallujah.
They would say go to a roof top use a dragunov for 2 mags then ditch the gun nd run to say a street corner and find the weapons cache that was put their a day before the siege.
I agree. O, and that just gave me an idea! Look for my topic on it.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 11-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #15
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If we had one, I'd prefer a bolt action Mosin Nagant for the Insurgent sniper.. all beaten up and shit with an old 4x scope on it.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #16
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo
It can be (but I guess its overkill, who shoots a deer with a 5.56/7.62?) but the SVD is a russian design to support squads at close range, not as a hunting rifle. Its a rifle designed for killing people, not animals, and I'd love to see (as eggman said) an old rifle in use.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:55 PM   #17
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Fullforce
It can be (but I guess its overkill, who shoots a deer with a 5.56/7.62?) but the SVD is a russian design to support squads at close range, not as a hunting rifle. Its a rifle designed for killing people, not animals, and I'd love to see (as eggman said) an old rifle in use.
Quote:
In England and Wales rifles must be at least .240 inches in calibre. The bullet must be expanding/hollow nosed with a muzzle energy of at least 1,700 ft/lbs.

In Scotland, for Roe deer rifles must be at least .222 inches in calibre. The bullet must be expanding/hollow nosed with a muzzle energy of at least 1,000 ft/lbs and a muzzle velocity of at least 2,450 ft/sec.
For other species of deer the rifle must be at least .243 inches in calibre. The bullet must be expanding/hollow nosed with a muzzle energy of at least 1,750 ft/lbs and a muzzle velocity of at least 2,450 ft/sec.
.240 is definetly bigger than 5.56, and remember these are minimum requirements, so bigger rifles are probubly used in practice.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #18
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

Bob proves me wrong yet again. Nice.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:03 PM   #19
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
If we had one, I'd prefer a bolt action Mosin Nagant for the Insurgent sniper.. all beaten up and shit with an old 4x scope on it.
Wouldnt an old SMLE be more fitting? I mean Britian has had large areas of the Middle East either as protectorates or true parts of the Empire. I wouldnt imagine the Mosion Nagant being all that common...

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #20
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yeah that could work too. a lot of pictures I have seen of insurgent weapon caches have *what looks like* a Mosin Nagant in them.

Cheers!
egg

Tags
hunter, mercenary, replace