project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I personally dislike the idea of 5 minute rounds for any sort of play style or game mode. If anything I'd like PR rounds to get longer and require more planning and careful, tactical movement (but remain exciting and compelling for the duration).

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #12
Pantera

it wont be five minutes trust me, i made LMS (Last Man Standing) for Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, 1 round took about 45 minutes....people started to hide after me and my sniper started killing folks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
dizzy
Retired PR Developer

And people wait around drinking a beer after they are killed? Doesn't sound like much fun to me, but would def. make you not want to go out and get shot.

Project Reality League Admin

Old 11-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
Pantera

Thats what you say now, but when you play it it works magic

Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #15
ChrisM91

This is a grea idea. I would love to play this!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #16
V3N0N_br

You don't have to make it like you can't spawn after, I personaly think it's gonna be to America's army or counter strike, IMO one of BF's best points is the fact you can die and play again in a considerably short time. I know it doesn't make you give all that value to your life, but at least you don't get bored since you don't have to watch other ppl play.

You can make it sort of like...
There's an american convoy (in this case, would need static hmmwvs) being repaired. The flag is in the middle of the convoy - US has 40 tickets or so, Insurgents have 120 and are losing about 15 per minute. Insurgency will try to take the flag at the hmmwvs, and US has to defend them but can't get killed too much or the round ends cause they're all dead (the team can only die 40 times). This way, even if you do get killed, you will be able to play again, but your team lose...

Old 11-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #17
KingLorre

realistic yes but,

this is like AA and that gets boring caus i got shot to meny times in PR caus of the lack of team mates coering me it just wouldent fit IMO.

i dont think that it wil be popular whit the not ex-combat veterans like the most of you . just my toughts on this m8ts XD
Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #18
luizinhuu

so you get killed on 10min round... 35min of waiting? bah.. not cool

Old 11-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #19
Hfett
PR Mapper Team
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Hfett Send a message via Skype™ to Hfett

What if someones just hides and the round never ends?

Old 11-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #20
Cerberus

Hmm... last man standing? I personally don't really like the idea, as it seems much like a deathmatch... I do, however, promote a gametype such a King of the Hil

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi

Tags
game, man, mode, standing