project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #11
.:iGi:.U.G.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPRMM!
Does it even matter how many points you have? I mean the purpose of this mod is to promote teamwork and tactics, I mean even if I got 1 point for killing guys tanks, CO, ans SLs I'd still be having a ton-o-fun with this mod.
Does it even matter if we are highlighting possible bugs?

We are recruiting high skill players for PR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #12
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:iGi:.U.G.H.
Does it even matter if we are highlighting possible bugs?
No, PRMM is right. This shouldn't be a topic of concern if points don't matter in this game and they shouldn't. This is just backing up the opinion to get rid of scores altogether and only show them at the end of the match. Some snipers were just created by this topic as well because they will go out and try to do that and get points for it.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #13
SiN|ScarFace

Shooting a SL or the CMD from long range will get you that score im pretty sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #14
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm not sure it was ever intended to give out scores that high...

But I would think something like a 400m shot that shoots a commander out of a tank when you're next to your SL could quite easily get up to that sort of score.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00
No, PRMM is right. This shouldn't be a topic of concern if points don't matter in this game and they shouldn't. This is just backing up the opinion to get rid of scores altogether and only show them at the end of the match. Some snipers were just created by this topic as well because they will go out and try to do that and get points for it.
How is he right? It's a possible bug so I questioned it. Plus the fact he only got 2 points for the next kill! How many snipers want those points.

I hope you're not a tester if you like to ignore possible bugs.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]e-Gor
Yeah, I'm not sure it was ever intended to give out scores that high...

But I would think something like a 400m shot that shoots a commander out of a tank when you're next to your SL could quite easily get up to that sort of score.
Well it was more like 300m and the commander wasn't in a tank and the sniper wasn't near his SL. (I was his SL and saw it from a distance)

Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #17
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

hehe well the scoring system is really hard to nail down "statically". By that I mean there's a bunch of factors:
- range (for snipers only)
- "worth" of the target
--- commanders are worth more than grunts for example
- "threat rating" of the target
--- the target's K: D ratio is compared against the attackers K: D ratio
- performing actions in close proximity to your squad leader
- performing actions in close proximity to your commander

So it could have been a long range kill against a commander or squad leader who had a very high K: D ratio from a shooter that, having just joined the game, has a 0 K: D ratio. He could have been standing beside his squad leader and commander when he made the kill.

Each of those bonuses applies a multiplier to the value of the target.

So there's likely a problem in that the "stacking" of the bonuses allows for a single kill to be too high a value.

We'll look into it.

The system we changed it to was intended to reward team oriented play, but I think has some glitches we need to iron out, it's just really hard to cover all of the possibilities in testing.

Cheers!
egg

Old 09-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #18
xXx-Tricky-xXx

In i htink the map is called Ejod? or something? One with desert and bunkers sorta, I would snipe the tips of there heads from the Garden to there spawn and one shot was 150 points.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #19
mdterp1987

Send a message via AIM to mdterp1987

On a similar note, I think these range bonuses should be given to AT kits, as killing a tank or chopper from 200m is quite hard.

Plus, you do want to know who was the best in each round, and points help with that. You guys should be arguing not for an elimination of points, but an elimination of cumulative tracking. Most people want the points system to remain for at least after the match screens.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #20
DanDan

Send a message via MSN to DanDan

i love sniping now how i get like 150 after 5 kills, and you get bonus points for head shots i think, lol i love sniping

Tags
262, kill, points