project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Flag or no flag thats the question
Remove the flags please 43 65.15%
Keep em we need em 23 34.85%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
[BiM]Black7

Send a message via MSN to [BiM]Black7
Default Remove flags

I for one dont think having a pole with a flag is realistc at capture points
so i vote remove em and just have the capture flag thingi on the map and minimap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It's every man's dream to hear that beer and pizza can prevent cancer," he said. "However, the 17 beers and four large pizzas needed to get enough xanthohumol and lycopene to help prevent prostate cancer is unfortunately not advised."
Old 08-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #2
Alex L.
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Alex L.

I'd rather have the flag replaced by realistic objectives, such as a bridge, a building, a wreck, a pack of crates, etc.

Removing the flag (as a pole) is perhaps a good thing, but in the 1st person view, we would need some sort of objective to visualise the capture point. It would be nice if the flag would be part of the static, then, though, for instance a flag on the building, on the bridge, etc. Some sort of visual domination marker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Well the current solution - as used on Road to Ky'gon is to bury the flag and thus the defending side cannot see if the flag is going up or down from a distance.

Of course if in the radius they can - thus it is not a great solution, but a work around none the less.

The idea of placing flags at objectives is something we will have to see inthe new game modes, but it mainly down to the mappers putting their flags in sensible positions
Old 08-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
DJJ-Terror

I woted for that, and i was allready implemented that on mine map in progres in a way that i sunked flag beneath square or certain building / area wich is an objective of assault forces.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #5
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Yep - same here!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 AM   #6
Thunder

the flag is to let people know who controls the area and where the capture point is, some points could do with out it but to remove all flags would just lead to confusion.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:39 AM   #7
X-Stuff

As far as I can remember in BF2: Special Forces there's a map with an airplane. Inside that airplan is the control point. You do see the flag, it's horizontal in the roof of the plane, but it doesnt move.

I like the idea of removing flags, or at least make it inpossible to see at a distance what's going on. Now you can walk away and keep an eye on the flag from a distance.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:44 AM   #8
luizinhuu

http://realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8878

Old 08-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #9
.:iGi:.NinjaJedi

any1 played RO?

not flags there + works well
Old 08-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #10
Thunder

which brings us back to my old quote
Quote:
capping the flag is symbolic of you securing a area, you cant cap it if theres enermies in the radus so you have to clear it. hiding in a bush is not going to win battles
the number of people to cap a flag should be upped, as hiding in a bush/ building to cap flags shouldn't be a option, stealth could be used to reach that flag/ knock out the people defending the flag but to single handly cap a flag with out the enermy knowing would just put things back to the old vannilla days.

after all no man in the army works alone

Tags
flags, remove