project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: How do you think the learning curve of PRMM is?
hard 16 23.88%
normal 40 59.70%
easy 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Batalla35
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Batalla35
Default for new players of PRMM

How do you think the learning curve of PRMM is?
Im curious about that, I have been playing PRMM for several months I i still think I have to learn more...
Batalla35
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #2
flanker-f

Some people learn faster than others, some never learn.... It's personal. But I think PR is easier than Vanilla on high level. Vanilla requiers extreme speed and everything when bunnyhopping and reviving and going around like crazy. There are no pauses, no time to rest, half an hour infantry game makes me exhausted physically...

In Project Reality there's time to think and plan things, shooting is easy, just aim and fire a couple of shots, spawn times are long so you don't have to be aware of spawners all the time, they won't be back in ten seconds after you kill them once... As long as others in team know how to play PR is easy for newbies, but if there's no teamplay it's pain for everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- this is what BF2 was supposed to be
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
southtarnation

Send a message via Yahoo to southtarnation

usualy when a patch or update comes out we are all (less testers) noobs again for a lil while. You will here vets say "how do I use XXX?" or "where is my XXXX?
I do it to. I like to be able to help. After my unjust and uncalled for month long ban, I DLed almost every other mod for bf2 and played them. When I would ask a quick question like how does the air to air missle work? or anything realy, I usualy got no answer. Prmm and its community are the best players and best mod. (with the exception of a few pricks). I used to think pr was more difficult coming from vanilla. Now after playing PR exclusivly since last november, I think it is very difficult to go back to vanilla (based on gameplay not the retards).

The real question is how do you feel about noobs. Like most i welcome the new players, most catch on quick. It is the vet noobs we all hate. The ones who TK for cars, TK in general, dont follow orders, ect.... they know what to do, they just choose to have their fun at our expence. No pitty should be felt for these noobs. These are the people whom should be getting banned. I thought I was a valuable, or at least respected part of this community after being in it so long and playing with all of you ingame. But no, I see intentional troublemakers get warnings and slaps on the wrist, while I get banned for over a month, for being upset about being Cussed at, sexualy assualted (verbaly) and TKed by dev AND admin.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Batalla35
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Batalla35

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtarnation
I used to think pr was more difficult coming from vanilla. Now after playing PR exclusivly since last november, I think it is very difficult to go back to vanilla

yeah..you are right..also I believe you are the most veteran player of PRMM,for me your opinion is very relevant.

..and about noobs, I like having in my squads new players...you know...fresh air

batalla35
Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
A.J.Sawyer
Retired PR Developer

Depends how intelligent they are if I'm being brutally honest, if your intelligent you'll say "Right, alone, Im dead, but if Im in a squad, we can win" Safety in numbers

You did not bear the Shame
You Resisted
Sacrificing your Life
For Freedom, Justice and Honour
Old 08-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
SiN|ScarFace

Vanilla is harder because you forget how to exploit when you have been playing PR.

PR is easy, just don't get shot.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Crawley
Banned

PR is hard, because all the noobs are starting to play it. What can i say i feel like what was once a tight community has fallen apart due to these folks?
Old 08-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #8
SiN|ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawley
PR is hard, because all the noobs are starting to play it. What can i say i feel like what was once a tight community has fallen apart due to these folks?
Umm no. Fuck tight community, that equals small and small is boring. PR needs to explode into a top mod like PoE and DC were, where there are 50 servers all with people playing in them and have tournaments and ladder leagues playing the mod.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #9
(3FJ)Steger

Quote:
I suggest people of that opinion join together, rent a server, keep it locked and play only with yourselves. Problem solved.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #10
1SFG-BigJoe62

Quote:
When PR noobs come in, it is our responsibility as a community to take them in and teach them the ways of the mod (Squading up, using VOIP, sticking together, etc....). We need this community to grow larger to keep it successful. I have been disappointed recently with some guys I've played with. They wouldn't use VOIP and would go off their own way. That said, I have also come across more people willing to play the PR way and had a great time. Hopefully those people stick with us and become better PR players.

Tags
players, prmm