project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: How do you think the learning curve of PRMM is?
hard 16 23.88%
normal 40 59.70%
easy 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #21
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

yeah this is hard to say..noobs are sometimes the best...they listen and communicate and are often really happy when we win...some vets actually are the worst..often they have played the level too much (one of my major pet peeves is limited maps in any FPS)

they join a squad but then follow their own agenda..its kind of silly..why join the squad..OR better yet...why not ask the SL to take a soldier or two for an objective... I often do and it makes the realism that much more fun.. A good SL make the game hands down..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #22
Michael_Denmark
Thumbs up

I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top _Cat the great
I my self are still learning, i am often making stupid mistakes even though i know a fair bit about tactics and general fps gaming.

BUT there are some basics that require no skill that can cuase the real problems. E.g:

- not spwn on SL
- Being SL but you dont know map well
- not giving orders as SL
- Flying off/driving off leaving others behind
- not using your basic abilities to help others
- generaly showing no patience, e.g "lets move..lets move..lets move" - even though driver is trying to be helpfull and wait

Simple but very important things, that make playing PR so much more enjoyable.

We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.
Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven.

Tomorrow...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #23
Michael_Denmark

I think the learning curve is located somewhere between normal and hard. Especially when playing with hardware like Amour, APC and helicopters.

Playing, as infantry vs. amour, is hard, cause Amour and APC has their zoom capability - which gives them the advantage, when used properly. Same for attack helicopters.

And when in a transport helicopter, it isn’t that easy to repair as it was in vanilla.

Also the “bleeding to death” factor makes it more difficult. And then the fact, there’s the random factor, when trying too reviving.

Then there are the maps in Project Reality. Some of them like “jabal al burj” defently make the game more coordinating demanding – meaning teamwork, which is always hard; cause it means some attack and some defend.
And especially on a map like “jabal al burj” it can be hard some times to be a defending squad, cause nothing happens for a long time.
(which of course in the end, is the commanders responsibility)

We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.
Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven.

Tomorrow...

Old 08-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #24
Thunder

why learn when you can run towards the enermy, prone and riddle them with bullets from the support cannon

i didnt find the learning curve hard, its alot easier to slow down take your time and shoot in PR. vannila was lot more run and gun

Old 08-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #25
Ferocious_Imbecile

Playing it is not a problem but frankly I still don't know how to call for arty as a squad leader...but then I avoid being squad leader...
Old 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #26
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Well, i jsut played a game, i had to aks 4 times for people to get in squads and for them to consiladate there 5 squads to 3. IN the end it worked, finaly, after shoutign my head off (TEXT).

I am glad i do not have a mike becuase...i am jstu glad.

BUT I WORKED< IF you ask enough times polietely they do slowely move, bit like sheep. You just ahve to be firm with them and they, finger crossed with gradualy pick up behaviour trates - working in squads and togther.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #27
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hx.Clavdivs
A wee bit off topic, but noobs must be allowed to lonewolf a bit and get the lay of the land. You learn quickly enough that if you want to win that round, you need to team up. Except when you have a squadleader who thinks a tactical attack is running up the main road right into an ambush.
I said sorry....

GOSH!!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #28
Ferocious_Imbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace
Umm no. Fuck tight community, that equals small and small is boring. PR needs to explode into a top mod like PoE and DC were, where there are 50 servers all with people playing in them and have tournaments and ladder leagues playing the mod.
I totally agree...I have the choice of two or at most three servers to play PRMM on and 95% of the time it's Gloryhoundz...and that means I haven't even seen the hint of an extraction game in months...I want 50 servers to choose from, dammit!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #29
=NAA=Spaztik_Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocious_Imbecile
95% of the time it's Gloryhoundz...and that means I haven't even seen the hint of an extraction game in months...I want 50 servers to choose from, dammit!
You won't see it until...

A. We get more players to fill the existing servers...or
B. People stop waiting around for a spot on a full server and populate another one.

That is so irritating when I try to populate our clan's server or hop in another one with a low popuation to get it going, and it seriously takes 2 hours to get it even half full. Yet there are numerous people waiting to get into an already full game. We are all guilty of it.

Had some great games on SOF tonight until it crashed, then it didn't repopulate...where did all those players go? They didn't go to Gloryhounds cuz it was already full. iGi was full too. Maybe they went to stand in line, I think not though. I will tell you where they went...vBF2, plenty of open populated servers to choose from there.

I think Gloryhounds is a great server as is iGi, all of them really are, but for this mod to grow we have to promote expansion and give the n00bs some breathing room.

In conclusion, if you were new to this mod and only saw one server that was full and no other populated servers...what would you do? Personally I would wait for a slot or not play at all. In the end our community is shooting itself in the foot.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #30
=NAA=TheTaxidermist

Send a message via AIM to =NAA=TheTaxidermist Send a message via MSN to =NAA=TheTaxidermist Send a message via Yahoo to =NAA=TheTaxidermist

Spaz is right. We sit around for hours waiting for people to come in our server. I don't understand how people can sit around for 15 minutes and wait for a slot to open while there are perfectly good servers layin around for people to join in on. If you stop turnin to the Gloryhoundz server as soon as you log into your account, then other servers will fill up and the community will grow.

Tags
players, prmm