project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Should players in vehicles count for capturing objectives?
YES, they should count for capturing objectives 29 35.80%
NO, they should not count for capturing objectives 52 64.20%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 AM   #11
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyjew
I think anyone who helps "secure the area" should count for capping a flag. What I meen is the guy driving a transport should, his gunner should, but not the guys in the back. A guy manning a mg on a tank also helps secure the area and should count towards capping a flag and obviously the guy in the tank should aswell. It would make it even better if vehicles of varying strengths should have different effects on flag capture rates. A guy manning a .50cal mg should be able to secure a flag faster than a soldier, an apc would secure faster than him, and tanks would secure fastest.

Choppers should only have an indirect effect in securing a flag. What I meen is they wouldn't physically cap the flag, but them killing enemies near the flag would help the ground troops capture it faster. The only reason I say this is I'm sure everyone agrees it's pretty unrealistic when choppers hover above a flag to capture it and this would solve that problem.

Hehe, I'm sure most(if not all) the things I've said are impossible, but never hurts to say what you think.
SO we should reward people who use the vehicles and armor and lone wolve rather then the squads? Vehicles and anyone in them shouldn't be able to cap at all. Most of the guys in them just bum rush anyway and man the MG. If they wanna do that alone, make them get out and stand there which is good punishment for not going with a squad.

I agree with the idea of making a minimum cap number of players though. But it would have to be 2 players because not everyone is in a big squad and it already takes long enough to cap a flag.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 06-27-2006, 05:00 AM   #12
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Actually, what about this... Force players to join, or make a squad to be able to cap. If you join one, you have to be around your teamates to cap. (minimum 1-2) If you make a squad, you must be able to get people to join your squad, and get them to cap with you. This way, it is also a win win for teamplay. 2 people minimum OUTSIDE of vehicles to cap like 00SOF00 is saying. This way even if you have armor, you need a gunner to be with you, and you would be forced to bail to cap.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:12 AM   #13
warmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
bad new's for tankers
yeah, and i'm one of them ,LAV25 preferred

the mind is the slayer of the real

Asrock 939Dual Sata2; X2 4800+; Ultra X2 550w; 2GB OCZ Gold Ed. DDR400; WD800JB; X850XTcat6.7; audigy xgamer; 52x32x52 LG cdrw; x16DVD DVR110D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:41 AM   #14
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

Cool

im thinking about setting a 2man min cap on my map now..but i havent actually tested it yet so not sure if it works...definitely a good idea though..

I think primaries in a vehicle should count for securing BUT with the 2 man min limitation..no lone wolf capping but a tank and gunner could cap...seem pretty fair..any objections??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #15
Hathaway
Thumbs up

I really like this idea. Not only as said already, will it help prevent single vehicles storming ahead on their own, but tanks, APCs etc will then be free to do as intended and partol the area to take out any retaliatory forces... plus moving targets are far more difficult to track and destory then one simply sitting on the flag (lost count the amount of times I've felt the need to sit with one or two soldiers on the flag to hurry up the process, this would eliminate that feeling of need).

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
Do you seriously think I keep a mental inventory of the grass in PR?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:51 AM   #16
Dylan

No sir. Good luck with the map BTW, and can i get your Xfire again so that we can talk about getting me started :P.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #17
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

hmm im at a torn issue.

with lonelyjews first post i was like "uhhh no...."
but his second post he made more sense.

the thing is, a tank just sitting there... in real life doesnt count as securing an area. soldiers checking the nooks and corners is how you secure an area.

but at the same time, a tank is going to be better at securing an area then just one soldier.

so now im just confused =(

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:25 AM   #18
S.O.P

I also voted the incorrect option, I apologise. I'll go with what everyone is saying about physically securing the area on foot.

P.S. Dylan: I don't mean to be rude but does your sig really have to be that large vertically? Looks really out of proportion, particularly when you type only 1 or 2 lines.

Edit: Passengers that is, the driver can still secure.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 AM   #19
Dylan

Well im sorry SOP it WAS 1280x1024, so yeah, thats a pretty freaking big difference. Ill just resize it to be 1x1 if you like or would that be to large too?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:30 AM   #20
sofad
Retired PR Developer

did you guys read my suggestion about more teamwork for flag captureing?

yes, i know that the flag itself is just a symbol for cleaning an area, but if we do it the way i describe, the attacking team MUST controle the area in real to can hoist theyr flag! that makes the question about how many teammates are needed to capture a flag and can they just sit down in a car, obsolete!

pls think about this suggestion and dont reply to fast with a negative comment..

Tags
capturing, count, feedback, flags, players, vehicles