project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
S.O.P
Default Short PRMM Frag Video

http://files.filefront.com/prmmavi/;.../fileinfo.html

64.57 MB

First attempt at using an actual moviemaking program to assemble some frapsed first-person footage so please be gentle in your critiques. This was more of a test video than anything.

Most of the frags are subpar at best, I'd certainly rather play with fraps off than on, thats for sure. I'd usually turn it on just before I find some action due to HDD constraints.

Now I know how to use the program and once I can afford a new HDD, I may consider putting something together that shows most of the facets of PRMM, rather than very little.

Anyone else got vids of PRMM in action? Some BR footage would be nice, our Aussie server doesn't have it enabled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Grata

Send a message via MSN to Grata

I was really happy to find a movie about PR . . .

But what you show is not typical of PR.
Every lone wolf can do that on BF2 . . . May be, next time, you can do something with squad assault, to clean a zone properly, team in mouvement, slow n low.

I have found on this movie a crazy Rambo.

But with a good camera-man.

Quote:
This was more of a test video than anything
test succeeds?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Lugubrum

I was thinking the same about rambo-style in the video, there are better elements of Project Reality that you can capture on video I think, like Grata said. Still pretty enjoyable video.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
xtrm2k

Wow that looks verty boring... without shadows.

Guy, can you tell me why mappers spend hours.... hours... ... and hours to render Lightmaps for cool looking shadows when people outhere and play without shadows?

Imho is that very boring and looks like counter strike and counter strike sucks...

Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
S.O.P

Quote:
I may consider putting something together that shows most of the facets of PRMM, rather than very little.
I wrote it there in clear English for you guys to prevent comments such as those above.

I wasn't going to share, but since I was playing PRMM, and fiddling around with fraps and premiere I thought I'd post so someone could have a look.

Quote:
Guy, can you tell me why mappers spend hours.... hours... ... and hours to render Lightmaps for cool looking shadows when people outhere and play without shadows?
If I could, I would. It comes down to framerates, you should know that.

If you could give me ideas on how to capture teamwork on a public server, where (judging by the amount of 'lack of teamwork' threads) teamwork doesn't really abound, without using all my HDD, I will gladly make something for you. I acknowledge that the movie is RAMBO but it was the only way I could get short video clips.

Yep, the test succeeds, I managed to string clips together, speed up footage, add music, and keep the quality vs size in decent proportion.

Old 06-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #6
twisted

playing without shadows is a bit cheap unless the PC has a shitty video card. it detracts from the look and immersion of the game in order to give yourself an advantage over others.

joint ops had a similar thing. even worse actually.

i wish devs could make it so shadows where consistent on all settings so the lighting of the environemnt could play the tactical role it's supposed to.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

Where did you get that speed hack you are now banned from forums.

lol j/k.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
S.O.P

I've put shadows and lighting on medium. I wouldn't want anyone to think I had an advantage over them.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #9
xtrm2k

What hardware in your PC?

I have...

- AMD XP 2500+
- 1Gig RAM
- 6600GT
- SB Live 5.1 Dig.

and it works fine on medium details. the best way to got extra frames is disable or to downsize the dynamic settings (light, shadow, ...)

Old 06-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
S.O.P

I have everything down low except for view distance, geometry and effects. I'd rather get higher framerates than average framerates.

I've just turned basically everything on medium. I can't imagine what Jungle Fever would be like now.

Tags
frag, prmm, short, video