project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
Fenix16

Default Concerns about the serverside patch

I think that most of the patch is great, however I do have to express some concern over the dmg boost being given to AA vs choppers. While this may further improve the realism, there is a point where some things need to be kept more virtual. Choppers already go down very quickly after being exposed to direct AA fire, which they should. But making the AA do even more dmg will make some maps literally impossible for one side or another to win (ex. Muttrah city). So please review (or extensivly test) the effects that the server side patch will have on balancing issues before you begin to implement it.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

I think that AA at the Muttrah docks should be removed. If the AAS is changed to allow multiple attack points other than docks this will be helped as well.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
coolhand

That Muttrah dock AA definately has to be removed. Its a serious balance issues. Once the MEC has captured the docks the USMC are always bound to lose. Landing troops successfully is an impossible task. You can keep trying with Rally Points but they dont last long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
I think that AA at the Muttrah docks should be removed. If the AAS is changed to allow multiple attack points other than docks this will be helped as well.
how many times do i have to say this? the AA at the docks has been removed and the AAS has been changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
Cravixon

If anything, the AA should have further improved damage, especially the SA-7.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
lonelyjew

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
how many times do i have to say this? the AA at the docks has been removed and the AAS has been changed.
Remove the AA it's unfair! Change the AAS system it's unfair!

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
Old 02-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

i sware if i hear that again i will put it back in just to piss you guys off

Old 02-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Take the AA out!
I love playing MEC

Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

you can all thank eddie next build then when you find the AA still there and the AAS order still the same

Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
Wipeout

ahahahahaha

Tags
concerns, patch, serverside