project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #31
BirdShot

I don't use them much (even when i'm an engineer - i'll avoid shootouts) - but if I do, I only use the sluggers and haven't had any problem knocking the bad guys down.

The sagai especially because you can get off 3 shots in about a second and a half.

I guess my advice is not to use buckshot but to stay with the slugs - even at close range (hell, especially at close range!) because you're more sure to knock him down.

I was poking around and came across this:
http://www.hqmc.usmc.mil/factfile.ns...c?OpenDocument
-apparently the new military shotty with fire the 3" mags - which is what I deer hunt with here in NH. I've seen those suckers go right through an 8" diameter tree and knock it down (not to mention what they do to a deer.)

BS
Last edited by BirdShot; 02-17-2007 at 01:15 PM..
Old 02-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #32
SethLive!
Supporting Member

Always using slugs defeats the purpose of the weapon. Using slug is better than buckshot at long range but i'd take an assault rifle over slugs any day. The reason I choose shotgun is for a powerful CQB weapon. The slugs are there so the engi can survive at long range. Irl the spread on shotguns is not that huge. They really should be tightened up.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #33
BlackwaterEddie

I still dont see how realistic having a Shotgun in a shootout is anyway, the only Shotguns i know of that are being used are breaching shotguns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #34
Sneak Attack

Send a message via MSN to Sneak Attack

probably just exploded his head but he got up and ran away

Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #35
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss20th
what armor are you guys talking about,all you can choose are weapons?
am i missing something?

certain classes have armour and other classes don't.

And I don't know how you can tell when you pick your guys though.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

I love my boomstick and wouldnt trade it for any other gun in the game (with the possible exeption of the avenger cannon, but I cant fly for toffie). Its absolutely leathal. Not as leathal as it was perhaps (less M4 whores with no body armour running around in .5) but still a force to be reckoned with.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #37
Noff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwaterEddie
I still dont see how realistic having a Shotgun in a shootout is anyway, the only Shotguns i know of that are being used are breaching shotguns.
Breaching doors is actually important in reality though, unlike in PR. Soldiers in Iraq also want them for the stopping power, as insurgents generally don't have armor.

Tags
shotguns