project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #21
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Dob
Oh hell yeah! EJOD with the new Rally Point / APC spawn system is simply GOLDEN!

This map map finally really shines! The city is opened up, the desert around it is opened up, the flag capping radius's are properly restricted, the possibilities for tactical maneovres are finally there! This is definitely one map where AAS2 has truly proven itself!
This man speaks nothing but truth. If you dont like AASv2(for EJOD anyway), you like lonewolf sniping or spec oping, which is not teamplay, which means you only play 1/4 of PR.5 .
If you are annoyed that there are no teamwork squads, then its only still your fault. YOU become SL and lead a squad. name it like 'TeamWork' or 'VOIP UK/NL/US/etc'. If a guy comes in for lone wolfing, kick him. If no one wants to play team play, leave the server and let them have half of PR and find a better server.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #22
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

jackal22: sorry to say, but I think your alone in your opinion.

I think no fixed spawns is a godsend. Before it was just pure lonewolf fragfest lame.

Just wait till you see what we have in store for 0.6, if you have been readiing eggmans posts he said there is 2 phases to re-doing the spawn points, in 0.6 it will complete it, right now its kind of half-done.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #23
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

No more bottleneck; no more fragfest at the Square; flanking possibe; proper pincer attack now a viable option; where's the beef?
Hello squad play; bye-bye lone wolf.
0.5 Ejod is top!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What's French for deja vu?
Old 02-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
luizinhuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal22
but it ruins some of the fun.
no it doesn't. not for me at least
i think it ruins the fun to the right people, those who are not the players PR demands it's kind a natural selection from the game

Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #25
jackal22

i did make a squad was in it for 5 mins called teamwork and only got 0 people.

tbh most were in other 5 man squads...

still im all up for teamwork but i just miss that map, the others though work out really good.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #26
Figisaacnewton

It ruins the fun when you stop thinking. In this release, and as far as I know in further releases, PR will place more and more responsibility on the PLAYERS to win or lose the battle, not on the map or thier equipment.

Smart tactics employed by resourceful squad leaders and commanders will win the battle, not who can jump back into the breach fastest and get the most kills. The idea is to make battles decided more by tactics than anything else, as real battles almost always are.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #27
Mekstizzle

APC's should be the main ones now. I say that APC's should only be filled by one crewmember as it makes it less Rambo and therefore the APC won't be at the front and less chance of it being destroyed, i know it's tempting with that cannon but really that's just for self-defence.

The APC should be kept alive for as long as possible as it's really important. It's not that hard either, although there's not many kills in it but it helps the team alot.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #28
*spacecadett*

i totally have to agree with the majority of the people posting on this thread EJOD is a new classic it demands teamwork form commander down to every grunt on the battlefield. already i have had allot of intense battles and teamwork is the key to winning them.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #29
Wipeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
you should rely on your squad leaders, rally points and APCs for forward spawn points!

This is what makes the map soo damn good now, the fact that there is lots of area to flank and its not a constant frag fest!

This map has gone right up in my books, the old version I didnt find too good as there was no where to flank, and it was a constant head on frag fest that dose not apeal to me.....
Pacifist..

Old 02-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #30
Wasteland

I love EJOD now. Soooo much better than before. Sorry jackal, maybe you need to find better squads?

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat

Tags
ejod, flags, motivation, removing, spawn