project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
Maistros
Send a message via AIM to Maistros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal22
even irl there are situations where armies just have to battle it out head on,
and even in game as it is right now, there are situations where armies colide and battle head on.. but they don't battle forever... whoever wins, moves forward.

What do you want, an epic battle for eternity in a 50m radius?

If you want to fight longer, live longer. Don't run around like a headless chicken with a rifle and a grenade.. and maybe you won't NEED those forward spawns.. cause you won't have to spawn more than once.

Wasn't me.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
Martini

Agreed,

Much better the way it is now, had way better battles in a couple rounds on that map last night than I ever have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
jackal22

yeh i just think the mod is getting more and more deprived of fighting and turning into splinter cell or ghost recon,

its less of a war mod and more of an odd concoction of some delta force game

i dont dispute it takes more teamwork, thats good, but it ruins some of the fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #14
Maistros
Send a message via AIM to Maistros

Well it's for some and for some it's not.
Can't please everyone, only the majority.

Just give it some more time, and once people are familiar with the mechanics.. it'll be what you are expecting, I'm sure.

Wasn't me.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #15
jackal22

and further more, (eiting is buggy for me right now sry i dunno why *got it working now stupid wireless)

i think every one was too quick to judge the map as a camp feast because of the m4, the old map without them would have been lot better,

its like labling karkand as a granade feast which is totally wrong and you all know it.

no one spams granades on karkand because its suicidle.

its just got mis labled by 2% of the community and been forced to change imo.

edit: i guess it will take some time, i just wish you could put the sl kits closer to some of the action and not a million miles behind it

Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #16
A.J.Sawyer
Retired PR Developer

New EJOD Is soooooooo much more intense than the Old One, I love it.

You did not bear the Shame
You Resisted
Sacrificing your Life
For Freedom, Justice and Honour
Old 02-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #17
Leo

I've put a spawn point smack dab in the middle of the city, what do you mean only the outskirts?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #18
jackal22

where abouts? where ever ive tried im 'too close'

Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #19
Garabaldi

Send a message via MSN to Garabaldi

Quote:
its like labling karkand as a granade feast which is totally wrong and you all know it.

no one spams granades on karkand because its suicidle.
This made me laugh.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #20
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
yeh but come on rhino, there needs to be some diversity in the mod, it cant all be stealth and flanking, even irl there are situations where armies just have to battle it out head on,
as you do now, you still get alot of head on fighting, and flanking still needs head on fighting for it too work.

You still get the choice to flank or strike head on, most people will still choose to go head on from flanking.

Quote:
and i disagree with the flanking part, a good sl in the old map could easily get behind enemy lines and act as a spawn with a little out of bounds work.
9 times out of 10 you will get spotted trying to go though the limmited passages to get up there, and then your flanking attempt has failed.

Quote:
edit: its not a city map any more is what im trying to say, its a stealth sniper feast with a few random building in the middle and tank whores patrolling the desert...

all infantry comabt on it is as good as dead
ummm, why do you think it was called "EJOD Desert"? It is not ment to be a city map, it is ment to be a tank whore desert map with a city for infantry combat in the middel like it is now. A tank is screwed if it trys and caps or goes though the city as there are so many infantry with AT weapons inside they will die. Infantry in the desert, will die due to the tanks. Snipers are limmited and dont have that many places to hide.

so your problem is that you like a frag fest? My advice to you is you are playing the wrong mod for that to be honest...

Tags
ejod, flags, motivation, removing, spawn