project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
MacNeill_USA
Retired PR Developer

Default Pilot drop kit

I was looking at the kits and I see that we have a working pilot kilt...I mean kit <sorry> anyway, are there plans to make the aviation vehicles only accessible by drop kit....I think that that would be cool...

Make it a kit and lock out the air support...REALITY!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Yes, we have plans for that. And special kits for tanks/apcs/aavs too.

Maybe it will get in 0.41.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:27 AM   #3
Sandy_Beret
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNeill_USA
I was looking at the kits and I see that we have a working pilot kilt

E-gads - just don't look up if they have to eject and parachute...

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone;
but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

- Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

the pilot kit is there at the moment for the xtract missions.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #5
{XG} non_compliance

The only specialized kit should be pilots. I think it would defeat part of the purpose of the game if you had to go ENGY to drive a tank, or something similar... Having to be a pilot to fly seems good, but requiring a specific kit to drive a tank or APC seems not-so-good. I don't even use armor really, but it would really suck to have an NME tank rolling in just as you spawn as medic, but you can't hop in your tank sitting right there to fight that NME tank.. that would piss me off.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
[R-DEV]dbzao
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by {XG} non_compliance
The only specialized kit should be pilots. I think it would defeat part of the purpose of the game if you had to go ENGY to drive a tank, or something similar...
What is the "purpose of the game"? Realism. You don't have medics, SAW gunners, ATs, SpecOps, crewing tanks in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by {XG} non_compliance
Having to be a pilot to fly seems good, but requiring a specific kit to drive a tank or APC seems not-so-good. I don't even use armor really, but it would really suck to have an NME tank rolling in just as you spawn as medic, but you can't hop in your tank sitting right there to fight that NME tank.. that would piss me off.
The tanker kits will be on the floor next to the vehicle. You don't need to spawn with a specific kit. You'll just need to pickup a kit and get in.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #7
Maistros
Send a message via AIM to Maistros

Yeah I always hate that when people are being outgunned by a squad that they just retreat around the corner.. hop in an APC and come roll you over and mow you down.

Cheap.
Glad to see it go!

Wasn't me.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
causticbeat

I think a tank is an even more important aspect than a jet, and alot of players THINK they can tank. I cant, so I dont. Alot of people think that since theyre in a tank they can just roll in to the middle of a flag and sit there on their ass.

people get that jets are tricky, people think tanks are easy.

thus, implementing a kit that limited tanks to people who were dedicated to playing in the tank that whole round, not just smacktards who think "oh hey a tank just spawned.. gimmie!," is a very good idea, and is just as important to tanks as it is pilots

oh, and for proof of why tank kits are excellenntttt, look at red orchestra
Old 12-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #9
causticbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]dbzao
The tanker kits will be on the floor next to the vehicle. You don't need to spawn with a specific kit. You'll just need to pickup a kit and get in.

nooo, please, make it a spawn kit, if its just a pick up that doesnt really limit idiots from taking it.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #10
{XG} non_compliance

Maybe it was bad wording... but part of the 'allure' of the game is to be able to jump in vehicles and have vehicular combat as well as infantry... if you take that away, then you lose part of the game.. and you get one or the other... anyways, kits next to the tank solves problem.

I know the point of the mod is to be realistic.. but as we all know, if it gets TOO realistic, then some of the fun is taken away. We all know defibs don't cure gunshots either, but removing them would take away some of the fun... that is what my point is...

Kits next to tanks is cool though.

Tags
drop, kit, pilot