project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #41
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Default re: PR:BF2 v1.4.18.0 & v1.4.19.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Invisible vehicle mines after the update. Could be a preexisting thing, but this seems new to me. Was on the server the whole round without interrution from the beginning. Couldn't see a mine on a bridge on Vadso while my driver could, even though he joined the round late. Next bridge was examined carefully while crossing and then we ran over the invisible mine. Could just have something to do with the brdiges on Vadso, maybe the mines sink into the concrete too deep.
If you can record it/recreate it in a bug report that would be great.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:39 AM   #42
DogACTUAL

Can't recreate it because i don't know what triggers it. Tried laying mines on the same bridge on a local server, but they are visible, so must have been something else.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:41 AM   #43
[R-DEV]Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Invisible vehicle mines after the update. Could be a preexisting thing, but this seems new to me. Was on the server the whole round without interrution from the beginning. Couldn't see a mine on a bridge on Vadso while my driver could, even though he joined the round late. Next bridge was examined carefully while crossing and then we ran over the invisible mine. Could just have something to do with the brdiges on Vadso, maybe the mines sink into the concrete too deep.
It's a vBF2 engine bug. Just tested it.
When someone places a mine (including a tripflare), and a player connects, it will be invisible for the connected player.

Not sure what we can do about it, doesn't rule out a possible solution though.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 10-30-2017 at 02:41 AM..
Old 10-30-2017, 02:15 AM   #44
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh408 View Post
ooooh shit! I suggested that
thanks and you're welcome all you CAS whores out there.
You'll notice more then just that change to CAS on maps

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:34 AM   #45
_MB_

Quote:
Updated GLTD to have laser move at speed of light and require constant line of sight to the target.
Can you elaborate on this a tiny bit? Just interested, what is the actual speed, coz having 4 km map, the largest distance available is diagonaly over the square and to the other end and back it is 2*4*Sqrt[2] km = cca 11,3 km and light will make this distance about 27000 times per second, which is so much higher than any frequency this game can run on, that you could have left it just to be instaneous.

Updated suicide bomb vehicles to allow bots to detonate their weapon. Radius for Cars: 30m, Trucks: 20m.

Why is it less for bigger explosion? Will the car actually destroy enemy armoured vehicles at 30m? Do the bots blow it up automatically when having anything hostile in their sight close enough? Because eventhough it is nice that the AI can use this, can it use it a little bit efficiently?
_MB_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #46
bahiakof

PR:BF2 v1.4.18.0 Changelog

GENERAL:

Added building restriction to emplacements in DOD.

-GREAT!! For teamwork to be successful and honesty among players survive on all PR servers, it is necessary for the scripting system to assist administrators in organizing and monitoring server. Great job (need to implement more scripts like this in Project Reality)!

GENERAL:
Updated commander system by removing any placed markers 10m after he/she resigns.

-WONDER!! This helps a lot to clear the map and also helps to organize the strategy of the new commander of the team.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #47
Kavelenko
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post

WEAPONS:
  • Updated GLTD to have laser move at speed of light and require constant line of sight to the target.
Why did you guys decide to nerf the GTLD? Its the one thing that sets PR apart from other milsims and you've totally made it useless now, either turn off armour targeting the user or you kiss good bye to squad leaders bothering to laze targets for CAS. Sorry that was one bad move.
Kavelenko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #48
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

Being able to laze moving vehicles at huge distances is not a nerf. Not needing to try 50 times to laze a long range target until it sticks is not a nerf.
Laze once when the jet is diving. Its really not difficult.

Not being able to do anything when you know who is lazing you also doesn't make sense.

The only issue with this is changing the GTLD targeting type kind of broke the UI when standing behind stuff, and doesn't always shot the lase. but the lase still goes.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #49
Kavelenko
Supporting Member

I like the way the laze now gives an instant range reading which is great but honestly do you expect the squad leader to expose themselves to a Shilka while holding the laze on target? I cannot see this being a popular change, its hard enough to get squad leaders to laze targets this will surely kill it completely. Lets see how it goes.
Kavelenko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #50
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

Default re: PR:BF2 v1.4.18.0, v1.4.19.0 & v1.4.20.0 Changelog

We released a small patch v1.4.19.0 to fix some issues.

PR:BF2 v1.4.19.0 Changelog (2017/October/30)
-----------------------

GENERAL:
  • Fixed various server related issues.
  • Fixed a cause for the critical 40:Keyerror.

VEHICLES:
  • Fixed Merkava tank missing collision on turret.

WEAPONS:
  • Fixed AK variants with GP-25 grenade launcher showing incorrect aiming in 3P.

LEVELS:
  • General
    • Fixed various map layers not allowing to fly out of DOD.

• Wanda Shan
    • AAS128: Replaced Z-9WA Haitun HJ-8 with Z-10.

[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
changelog, prbf2