project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #21
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.4.13.0 Changelog

Quote:
Updated handheld weapon damage system to be the old values from before v1.4.8.0.
Dang it, I liked the new values :/

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 07-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #22
shifty454

Back to the stupid squad of mp5 running around killing everything .Why having a g3 when you have a mp5 . Im gonna miss that damages changes.
Last edited by shifty454; 07-12-2017 at 05:33 PM..
Old 07-12-2017, 05:53 PM   #23
Bonecrusher76

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty454 View Post
Back to the stupid squad of mp5 running around killing everything .Why having a g3 when you have a mp5 . Im gonna miss that damages changes.

From the damage change thread, I believe most everyone agreed that .308 battle rifles should be buffed some from their (now current) value.

This is something that should be explored. Our main criticism was that the (experimental?) damage changes were too much, too fast, and destroyed a balance that took years to achieve.

Now that we are back at that balance, changes to specific weapons (like the g3) should be explored.

I personally think the G3, FAL, and Marksman rifles should be buffed. By how much, I'm not sure.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #24
Zire

This is the update that will make pr great again only if flares are fixed
Old 07-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #25
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty454 View Post
Lmfao, trust me, most other people won't.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:13 AM   #26
Allahu Akbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher76 View Post
From the damage change thread, I believe most everyone agreed that .308 battle rifles should be buffed some from their (now current) value.

This is something that should be explored. Our main criticism was that the (experimental?) damage changes were too much, too fast, and destroyed a balance that took years to achieve.

Now that we are back at that balance, changes to specific weapons (like the g3) should be explored.

I personally think the G3, FAL, and Marksman rifles should be buffed. By how much, I'm not sure.
Could easily nerf 5.56 damage over range by a bit so it drops to 4 shot kill from 100hp at mid to long range against torso, so 7.62x51 weapons have a noticeable lead in long range performance(2 to 3 shots) while still being mediocre at close range.

Also, SMG nerf should have stayed at least partially(5-shot-kill to armor point blank, drop off to 10 to armor at range).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Dang it, I liked the new values :/

M.
I'm happy for you that you get to play MEC/CHINA(people were mostly complaining about 7.62x51 but they forgot that 5.8x48 was buffed to two-shot-kill in close range) on AAS or Blufor on insurgency all the time.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:07 AM   #27
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher76 View Post
The 7.62 Marksman rifles were arguably nerfed last update. While the G3SG1 cannot oneshot in the crotch up close anymore it is now back to dealing 90 damage no matter if you hit body or legs up until 400m.

5.56 Marksmen on the other hand were nerfed harder as the skill damage was gone. On close range and without body armour it wasn't noticeable, but at meaningful ranges the damage drop off was too great to make the weapon system useable.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Old 07-13-2017, 06:11 AM   #28
Aleon

Great update, love the utilities and the armor changes. To be honest I kinda gave up on the damage model being reverted, but this made my day yesterday. Feels good that pulling out a pistol or a shotgun is better than knifing people again.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #29
space1

I thank you all for bringing back the old damage system, now fun begins again.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #30
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

Seems like the PR I've known and loved is back. Just need to find some spare time to play now.

Good work devs. That give lead command is a good additional touch!

Agree with the comments of being in rhinos RPG warheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex |TG-31st|
AnimalMotherUK - YouTube
vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl "

Arte et Marte
Closed Thread

Tags
changelog, prbf2