project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 PM   #11
Mostacho
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.4.9.0 Changelog

It's good to see that you guys are more concerned with the gameplay, bringing the pistols and shotguns back to the game.

But still, insurgency and vietnam is all broken, the ability of the 7.62x51mm caliber to kill with 1 shot must be removed. I managed to kill 40 people with the M240 in about 10 minutes in the last version and it looks like it has not changed much, it just is not fair.

5.56x45mm was giving too much damage against targets without a vest, it does not kill with 1 shot but leaves the person so fucked up that he can not do anything.

This has already been spoken by several people in the last feedback.

So please reconsider the damage once more, Pay a special attention to the insurgent game mode and vietnam maps.
Last edited by Mostacho; 04-30-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
Allahu Akbar

What do you mean by full damage chart when it doesn't have 5.8x21/42, 7.62x25, .45, .303?

There should be a drastic decrease in damage past 100m or 150mm for 5.56x45; should be to the point where 5.45x39 surpasses it at 150m or 200m(depending on barrel length).
Angry Peasants: Effective Range of Your 223 or 5.56 Rifle
Kind of bullshit for 5.56 to do over 50% more damage than 5.45 at 600m.

Also, 7.62x39 shouldn't be doing that much damage to flesh even assuming it's M67.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1d0e445c.jpg

This new damage is also a straight up nerf to insurgent bolt action rifles, they already have no scope but now they can't one-shot-kill to the leg even point blank.
Last edited by Allahu Akbar; 04-30-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 04-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #13
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper28 View Post
Thank you again devs.

For those of us who are uninitiated, is there a list of weapons and their respective caliber?

Or can the weapon caliber be listed in the kit selection screen, or on the slot list when you scroll with the mouse wheel?

Suggestions are easy to make...
BTW,

Project Reality - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

There you go!
Old 04-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #14
inb4banned

As long as automatic rifles can 1 shot while SMGs take 6 shots to kill this system is not worth having. Why not address the many good posts in the feedback thread, let us know what you wised to accomplish.

It's another broken system that is allowed to stay in because it's not less broken than before.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #15
sapper1893
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
It's good to see that you guys are more concerned with the gameplay, bringing the pistols and shotguns back to the game.

But still, insurgency and vietnam is all broken, the ability of the 7.62x51mm caliber to kill with 1 shot must be removed. I managed to kill 40 people with the M240 in about 10 minutes in the last version and it looks like it has not changed much, it just is not fair.

5.56x45mm was giving too much damage against targets without a vest, it does not kill with 1 shot but leaves the person so fucked up that he can not do anything.

This has already been spoken by several people in the last feedback.

So please reconsider the damage once more, Pay a special attention to the insurgent game mode and vietnam maps.
A 7.62 will kill with one shot. It is a proper man stopper. 5.56 as it isn't a man stopper but is designed to immobolise. If you kill someone he doesn't need treating if you injure someone it takes 1-2 to treat/protect him.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #16
CNaville

I want to know how you truly play the insurgence gamemode , this recent change is so broken that I managed to kill 28 enemies using a medic , every shot was a kill so please reconsider the damages.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #17
Mostacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper1893 View Post
A 7.62 will kill with one shot. It is a proper man stopper. 5.56 as it isn't a man stopper but is designed to immobolise. If you kill someone he doesn't need treating if you injure someone it takes 1-2 to treat/protect him.
I know that IRL it is like that, bud i could not care less about reality if the gameplay is all broken

Just look at the previous patch feedback, there are several posts about this.

The game does not have to be extremely balanced. But in a match where players are equally distributed by skill, Both teams should have a chance to win. The way it is the insurgent team will always lose due to the massive disadvantage.

The way it was before was good, it took years and years to get there, it still had one thing or another to fix, bud it was good.

I still wonder what they were trying to fix, for this whole insistence on changing everything.
Last edited by Mostacho; 04-30-2017 at 02:35 PM..
Old 04-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #18
72Shaman

Well you should care about reality, hence the name "Project REALITY".

Its awesome that the pistol damage was buffed, I love pistols IRL but they sucked big time in PR.

1. Many times I shot 3-5 times to the torso, people still manage to run jump turn around and kill me. Its just absurd.

2. Shooting at someone with the sniper at 200m away, on the torso, manage to run away and get healed. Absurd.

I fear PR is turning a more "Balance the game approach" than "Keep things real as it was meant to be"
I enjoy the game so much, more than any shooter but just because its realistic and its hard.
Not because you make it balanced, I'd rather go play CoD 2 then.

Please stick to your fundamentals. Stop making changes to "Make it easier and balance the game" because its not what PR is.

You want to hear about something unbalanced? CAS vs APCs, AAs, MBTs, and any other ground capable weapon is able to shoot CAS in a jiffy.

Why? Because viewdistance is limited to 400-800 on most maps. I understand this is because of performance and balance reasons but its so game-breaking when you just cant see the target untill you are at a distance where any attack aircraft is just turkey shoot for a TANK or APC or AA or whatever
Old 04-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #19
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Shaman View Post
I fear PR is turning a more "Balance the game approach" than "Keep things real as it was meant to be"
I enjoy the game so much, more than any shooter but just because its realistic and its hard.
Not because you make it balanced, I'd rather go play CoD 2 then.

Please stick to your fundamentals. Stop making changes to "Make it easier and balance the game" because its not what PR is.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #20
NE0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post

"ne0 sucks"
Closed Thread

Tags
changelog, prbf2