project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
17 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #41
[R-CON]LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.4.5.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post
Laser of commander unstable:
- laser disappears before the mark (laser 48s - mark 80s).
- Sometimes it appears only the mark without the laser.
- Sometimes the mark and the laser do not appear.
This is how it was before if I'm not mistaken. There's a cooldown on the laze, and the marker lasts the length of the cooldown.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
Old 02-12-2017, 09:15 PM   #42
RREDesigns
Thumbs down Re: PR:BF2 v1.4.5.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post

COOP:
  • Fixed players being able to use AI-only vehicles.
This sucks too much.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #43
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Please, anyone confirm improvements with LOD switching set to off. I'm unable to play in the next couple of days.
It does for me at least on urban map, also have 4 gigs of vram.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #44
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]LiamBai View Post
This is how it was before if I'm not mistaken. There's a cooldown on the laze, and the marker lasts the length of the cooldown.
Marker lasts the duration of the laze, not the cooldown.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #45
[R-CON]Yrkidding
PR:BF2 Contributor

Lots of good changes, but why are we getting rid of 2 Canadian layers? We have plenty of US only maps between the USMC and US Army (not to mention the sheer amount of times all of us have played as the US), why get rid of Canadian vehicle variation and add even more US layers? Could we at least add Canada to some alternate layers of US maps as well then?

EDIT: Canada now has a grand total of 6 layers of variation compared to around 34 layers of US variation for US spread through their maps. (also added 2 infront of Canadian layers)

Last edited by [R-CON]Yrkidding; 02-12-2017 at 11:27 PM..
Old 02-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #46
FFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrkidding View Post
Lots of good changes, but why are we getting rid of Canadian layers? We have plenty of US only maps between the USMC and US Army (not to mention the sheer amount of times all of us have played as the US), why get rid of Canadian vehicle variation and add even more US layers? Could we at least add Canada to some alternate layers of US maps as well then?
The only layer that US replace Canada is on INS32 on archer, INS64 is still Canadian. Most maps with USMC/USARMY on them have a layer with Canada on it if it makes sense.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #47
Reamz
Supporting Member

Thanks for all you do devs. Will we be seeing an updated US Army faction with M4A1's at any point?

Old 02-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #48
[R-CON]Yrkidding
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
The only layer that US replace Canada is on INS32 on archer, INS64 is still Canadian. Most maps with USMC/USARMY on them have a layer with Canada on it if it makes sense.
Also replacing a Yamalia ALT layer with the US, getting rid of the Canadian APC layer. My point is that we have plenty variations on US equipment and vehicles on maps and really relatively few Canadian variations and layers. Also I mean there's pretty few places the US would go that it wouldn't make sense for Canada to go in a world war situation, no? I can understand the amphibious assault maps but why not Khami? Karbala?

Fallujah was a U.S. fight but if we're adding the U.S. to Operation Archer that was a big Canadian only operation then why not add a Canada layer to Fallujah?

Old 02-12-2017, 11:31 PM   #49
FFG

Quote:
Also replacing a Yamalia ALT layer with the US, getting rid of the Canadian APC layer. My point is that we have plenty variations on US equipment and vehicles on maps and really relatively few Canadian variations and layers. Also I mean there's pretty few places the US would go that it wouldn't make sense for Canada to go in a world war situation, no? I can understand the amphibious assault maps but why not Khami? Karbala?

Fallujah was a U.S. fight but if we're adding the U.S. to Operation Archer that was a big Canadian only operation then why not add a Canada layer to Fallujah?
Yeah Im all for more factions on maps. Large layers need to make a return. I think the biggest issue is actually creating the layers and stuff.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:07 AM   #50
[R-DEV]camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Operation archer was the name of the overall contribution by Canada to the war in Afghanistan wasn't it? Just like Herrick, Slipper, Enduring freedom etc etc.
If it was an actual Canadian only battle i could understand but it's just a fictional map (with an admittedly quite stupid name) set in Kandahar, which doesn't really exclude us from putting a US faction on it.

Closed Thread

Tags
changelog, prbf2