project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #61
flamaster69
Default Re: [Vehicle] AMZ Dzik

Thank you Lucky and Jacob for very complex feedback. I take me long time to rescale (or better to say rebuild) whole model. But now, parts fit better and interior is more equipped. Not finished yet, I will add some details to interior, because there's a lot of tris to use yet in Geom0.
Please check it, in monday I add next elements (extinguishers, some switches) and more chamfer some details.

3d awsome preview

---------------------------------
Piotr Widuchowski
- -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

flamaster69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #62
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

Gotta make the front window shield a bit smaller when you texture that, or before - I might be wrong, but it just looks a bit big.

PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #63
Jacob PR

Good job! But why did you make the second door window bigger again? It should be a square like the rear middle window... Other than that, this is the closest model to the real thing you've done. But the front needs to more polish.

(Red) As PosionBill have pointed out, the front window is to big. It should be somewhat cut from the bottom.
(Pink) Front window frame should be thicker (leave just little more space for texture).
(Purple) The left window cut should tilt more.
(Blue) Fix/shorten the second door window.
(Yellow) Add caps on top of the smoke launchers, like a mushroom hat. Make the launcher tubes little smaller but let the base be just little thicker than the rest of the tube. Look close at the real picture and try to make it look like that.
(Green) Also if the tris count allows, add the left & right ventilator elevations on the front hood. I think it's quite noticable and just the texturing wouldn't make it justice.
(Brown) Add front light/bumper mesh protection.
(Black) Add one thick middle pipe and four smaller ones to the front bumper. Correct front bumper form. Front and rear bumpers should be especially thicker. Pipes holding the foot hold should be slighly thicker too.
(White) Correct the roof middle light to it's real size and make it's skeleton protection look correct and be rounded.

Nice to hear you've got some tris left.
Last edited by Jacob PR; 07-29-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #64
simeon5541

Can't wait to drive in this
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #65
Fresz

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
Can't wait to drive in this
not the only one

Fresz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #66
Antol

Send a message via Skype™ to Antol

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Fresz View Post
not the only one
and not the only two
GJ flamaster, lucky and jacob thx for help.

and

Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #67
[R-CON]lucky.BOY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to [R-CON]lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]lucky.BOY

You are doing really well, the vehicle is looking better with each post you make

Still some parts that you could make better, i think:

Red: I think that this geometry could be done as good by normal map, there is no need to have it 3d, its up to you.
Yellow: Unnecesary verts
Purple: this piece of geoetry looks messed up to me, probably some unwated welding or noise? dont know, but why not make it nice and all like those smaller ones in the bottom of the picture?

Green: smoothing on the steering wheel needs some improvements still
Blue: The gear stick just doesnt look right.

Red: the hole for gunner is somewhat misaligned
http://i.imgur.com/J9FKC.jpg

Some old issues you didnt fix yet, posting them to be sure you dont forget

Yellow: unneeded verts and probably also extra polys, causing z-fighting even in the p3d.

The shield is still somewhat collapsed on the front part.

One really nit-picky thing, try to make sure if driver and co-driver have enough space for their legs It just doesnt look good if they have their legs sticking through the vehicle model

When going through the model and checking if its ready, be sure to check "backface cull" in display tab, display properties group. This will hide all faces that face other direction, the same way game does it.

Keep up the great work!

[R-CON]lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #68
flamaster69

Hi everyone after holidays. Sorry for long absence, but I had to move to another house, and it took me a lot of time.
But now I upload my model:

p3d.in - AMZ Dzik - v.19

thanks for all your advices, and I hope to finish AMZ Dzik.

And an additional question, what is the simpliest way to check all textures in any engine game?

Piotr Widuchowski
- -
- -

Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #69
bagno

do u have montage for gun?

bagno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #70
flamaster69

Hi everyone!
My progress. The last thing is to texturize interior. What do you think about that?
Mountage for gun is ready too

Piotr Widuchowski
- -
- -

Tags
amz, dzik, vehicle, vehicleamz, wip, wippl