project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #51
[R-DEV]VapoMan
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]VapoMan
Default Re: [Map] Outpost (2km) [WIP]

You could probably solve most of the FPS issues just be reducing the density of the trees in and around the city.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
[R-DEV]VapoMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #52
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

I got the feeling that this could be a new karbala. Insurgents dominating the inside and blufor dominating the outside of the city. However, I didn't have the chance see much gameplay so I could be wrong.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #53
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

I had a quick fly around the map (very quick sorry) but I hope some feedback on some bits might give you some ideas, or not.

The MEC main
http://i.imgur.com/nELjK.jpg
most fobs and outposts like this cut down all the vegetation around them for good visibility etc. How would this one be supplied for such a large base? would it come from the sea? heli drops? convoys on the msr etc? I think overall it just needs to be bigger and have a pad so the chopper on the other side can land there. Also I would remove all the destructible objects as people will just ram into them in main imo. Also I think the pump's look a little out of place there.

The small compound near the main I think could be fleshed out a lot more;
http://i.imgur.com/tLA70.jpg

When building the road one would assume the workmen would cut down that bush as it obscures vision around the corner, also a sign or another detail would make that part perfect
http://i.imgur.com/aagkw.jpg

Wayy too much tree density in the city imo. Also some of the woods are a little thick. I really like the 'dump' area in the middle where people have just left stuff and it has overgrown. Good eye for detail.
http://i.imgur.com/3EsDN.jpg

I really like the docks area, just needs a few more points of interest imo
http://i.imgur.com/gVswi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Co3nq.jpg

Take what I posted with a grain of salt as I am not a level designer and I only flew over the map briefly but I am impressed with the map. Keep it up!
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #54
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah the trees look a bit much, especially if you use the deciduous trees, perhaps throw in a couple of olive trees etc, but ofc keep an eye on the size of your overgrowth texture pallet

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #55
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Oh Tim that is one epic post you made there.

While I tried to keep the map intact as much as possible, I am afraid I am going to have to do an overhaul of the city somewhat and the map in general. However the input is still very much appreciated.

EDIT: As for the trees. The marshland/mosque park (they use the same OG material) has been changed to be stable however I am yet to find a nice balance between the looks and stability. But rest assured it shall not cause lag anymore

CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #56
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

This map is so f*cking BEAUTIFULL

Needs to be in PR

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #57
Kevokpo

I tried the map, it is excellent, as vapo said, there are too many trees in the city and around the whole map.
Maybe you can remove some of them.

The current factions are as a placeholder?
because when you are in the city, it really fits for the INS, but when you are in the mountains or outside the city it feels like if you were in a taliban zone, with the caves in top of the mountain and with those roads full of trees and grass.

maybe another map with Germany as bluefor and Taliban as opfor?
It`s up to you.

Another question, the part of the map where the chopper is, are you going to leave it like it is or are you going to give it some use?

I had and idea of adding a path to the south that connects both parts, but like I said, it?s your call.

Excellent map btw, keep it up!

Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #58
Viper_LW

Looks great and the pictures and ideas Tim had were really quite good, downloading it now.

| Lieutenant Walsh - Commanding Officer of the Royal Regiment (=RR=) |
Viper_LW is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #59
Stemplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
I tried the map, it is excellent, as vapo said, there are too many trees in the city and around the whole map.

because when you are in the city, it really fits for the INS, but when you are in the mountains or outside the city it feels like if you were in a taliban zone, with the caves in top of the mountain and with those roads full of trees and grass.

It`s up to you.

Another question, the part of the map where the chopper is, are you going to leave it like it is or are you going to give it some use?

I had and idea of adding a path to the south that connects both parts, but like I said, it?s your call.

This map is made for Polish Army Forces, but before they are finnished I've no idea what factions will be place holders.
Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #60
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post

It`s up to you.

MEEEEECCC, we need a MEC vs INS map!

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, map, outpost, wip