project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #41
fredo456

Send a message via MSN to fredo456
Default Re: [Map] Outpost (2km) [WIP]

This is certainly the most coherent map I ever played on PR, It is just amazing! But you should try to optimize the city, it is quite laggy sometimes and the restricted areas too, you should put them more at the south because you are often warned randomly

"Foudre dans l'azur"
fredo456 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #42
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Anyone who wants to join us for the test tonight can do so

Download link:
http://od-sierra.org/hietaa/outpost.zip

It is being played on the OD-S server (pw is in the server title)

Oh and in case you have SoundMod...disable it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #43
sharpie
Supporting Member

Ok, Just two quick things-

1) Some rather serious FPS lag around the city in inside of it

2) Some unrendered/textured green 'wall' near the helicopter base at the edge of the map.
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123548332-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123548346-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123548339-4.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #44
CroCop

Sorry forgot to mention it in the thread.

The green wall is a known bug to which I have yet come up with a fix for. I am hoping to figure out how to resolve that issue soon.

Thx for reporting though.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #45
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

The DoD will need some tweaking, as it is there was a narrow uni-directional corridor from which the Blufor could attack the Docks cache:

Even if the DoD was tweaked, with the Ins main being so close I imagine it would be very difficult for Blufor to get in there. Might need some rethinking.

I feel like in general the Ins have a lock down on the city (Gaza style), and it may be an idea to tone back the number of assets the Ins get; technicals and AA kits etc make the Blufor a lot less maneuverable etc.

For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #46
Shovel

The green wall is just the surrounding terrain (I think). In the editor, you just need to enable it and then you can edit it like other terrain.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #47
Bad1n

It is nice to see you guys working on the map

Just wanted to say that the way I created and planed this map insurgents were suposted to have main base at the south-east mountines, there was no way for them to lock down the city.

If anyone wants it I could show on the minimap how flags and bases and everything was planed.
Last edited by Bad1n; 05-20-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #48
CroCop

Yeh could you PM them to me.

We were actually discussing the location of the INS main prior to the testing (I was thinking of sticking it down SE where the river diverges) and we went with this refinery idea.

I got a new plan already but I would still like to check out what you had in mind.

Quote:
The green wall is just the surrounding terrain (I think). In the editor, you just need to enable it and then you can edit it like other terrain.
Thanks to Spyker I believe I have a solution for it. Will report on how it goes

Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #49
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician

Everyone liked the map, the FPS drop in center of city seems to be the only major stumbling point from what I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Adriaan View Post
As you might know though the central area of the city (possibly the trees etc around the mosque) seems to have a huge impact on performance. Standing in the insurgent main looking North (in the direction of that mosque area) my framerate dropped to some 10 FPS, sometimes lower. There were a lot of people that had the same issue. Think it might be worth checking those trees and what kind of LODs and materials they use?

Also something I noticed was in the very North part of the city, there are the Eastern European wall statics with chipped plaster and brick underneath. They look very nice there and that area looks absolutely beautiful as a whole with grass and other low vegetation on the sides of the road and in ditches, but doesn't this cause a lot of extra textures to be loaded or something due to it not being middle eastern? I don't exactly know how this stuff works in BF2, but I thought it might be worth checking too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
I tried it out as well but wasn't able to attend at the event.
I love the green area to the north. The left side of the river is a bit strange, its too small to be a real part of the map but there is still stuff on it. Are there any caches?

The city also has some weird statics tbh, will go into detail tomorrow.

But I enjoy the general flair of the map and it really fits well for insurgency.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #50
[R-COM]ddeo
Polish Faction Lead

Keep it up, nice to see some progress with the map.
[R-COM]ddeo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, map, outpost, wip