project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Cassius

Default Arma 2 no sound

System is win 7 64 bit. I ran almost the same setup before. I only had to change the motherboard and CPU, which is again AMD and reinstall windows 7.

I have no sound with my onboard and with my soundblaster as well. ARMA wont show up in the sound Mixer window. All other games and programs seem to work fine. Had anyone else this issue?

I tried reinstalling the soundblaster driver and the game afterwards, but no luck.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast
Default Re: Arma 2 no sound

Anything in the RPT file?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Cassius

The game did not crash on me, so maybe thats why I dont have one.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Limeni[BiH]

Did you reinstal arma?

?War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Deadfast

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Crashing has nothing to do with it, it's created regardless and written to on every start up.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
Crashing has nothing to do with it, it's created regardless and written to on every start up.
Thats reall odd then. I ran a search for those files on my system drive and the drive where I installed the game and nothing came up. Yes I did try to reinstall ARMA II.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Old 09-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Deadfast

AppData is a hidden folder, probably why the search didn't work. Just copy-paste the path into the address bar in an explorer window and press enter. arma2oa.RPT should be there so just open it with Notepad and paste it either here or on Pastebin if it's too long.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Hurtz

Did you check you sound devices. Most video cards have an HDMI sound device if that is set as your default disable the HDMI device.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Brownie
Exclamation Re: Arma 2 no sound

Hay guys I am having problems with the sound in arma 2 I have been on all other forums and they talk about reinstalling or updating directX but recently my computer crashed completely and wouldnt boot so I had to get a new HDD and I bought a backup disk for all my drivers scince then arma after reinstalling won't play the sound and directX won't let me update because it says something about files cannot be trusted check cyrographic thingy don't know what it is I would be very greatful if anyone can help me fix this so I don't feel like I'm death when I play
The game, and I have also reinstalled it
And direct x works fine
For cod4 scania truck sim and fsx :L can anybody help please
Old 09-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
Orb

Well if sounds is working correctly in other games, you should check this:

"boot up your game, then alt tab after loading into menus.. go to your control panel.. Then go to, hardware and sound, sound, adjust system volume.. find the operation arrowhead and you will probably see its volume meter for this application is set to 0%, raise it and your all set.... Enjoy!!"

Tags
arma, sound