project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Cassius

Default How do I manually enter the serial?

I had to reformat my system drive. When I try to start arma2 it now tells me I have an invalid key. For obvious reasons I dont want to Download and install 8 gigs of game again. Is there any way to manually enter the key for arma2 and arma OA in my game that is already on the drive?

I got the game off gamersgate.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Cassius; 08-02-2012 at 12:30 PM..
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
[R-MOD]BabylonCome
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: How do I manually enter the serial?

Not a clue about Gamersgate, but when installing from DVD, I am asked for key during install.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rusty In Places -
Old 08-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

The serial key is encrypted when it is saved to your computer. You wont be a able to edit the cd key manually. I think you are going to have to reinstall.

Perhaps someone else has a solution

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Unless you have a backup of the registry entries I'm afraid there is no other option than to reinstall.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
galzohar

CD or Steam? If on Steam, start Steam as administrator and then start up Arma 2 from steam once and then start Operation Arrowhead from Steam once too.

If from CD, as said, unless you saved the registry entry for the cd-key (which is in hexadecimal format), you will need to reinstall to get the correct registry entry back where it needs to be.

You don't mess with the Zohar!

My YouTube Channel:

Arma 2 Israel:
Old 08-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
CD or Steam? If on Steam, start Steam as administrator and then start up Arma 2 from steam once and then start Operation Arrowhead from Steam once too.

If from CD, as said, unless you saved the registry entry for the cd-key (which is in hexadecimal format), you will need to reinstall to get the correct registry entry back where it needs to be.
You know what they did to bearer of bad news in ancient rome and current my place?

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

There is a program out there that claims to replace the cd key for ARMA 2.

It was probably designed to change a bad key once discovered, so I won't post it. If you search you'll probably find it.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
Cassius

2 late for cassius but good to know.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Tags
enter, manually, serial