project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Hurtz
Default In game server browser unavailable

This just started happening to me the last couple of days ... when I launch PR and go to the multiplayer browser it says service unavailable. I had to add the RGG server manually and connect that way. Anyone else having the same issue or is it just me.

Hurtz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: In game server browser unavailable

Probably a gamespy update since they released the new BIS official patch.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440...-praa-exe.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Hurtz

Thanks for the quick reply Epoch but it didn't fix my problem. The game works but the browser is still broken.
Installed 1.62 patch
copied new praa.exe

Tried my old shortcuts and direct to praa.exe.

When I hit multiplayer it says "Online Support for ARMA CO is currently unavailable for maintenance."

Last edited by Hurtz; 07-24-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
MisTyK
Project Reality Beta Tester

IMPORTANT: Gamespy is down for emergency maintenance. Server browser effected, can direct connect

Solution is to wait or edit PR launcher target ( not recommended ! )

Client Network Options
-connect=<ip> Server IP to connect to.
-port=<number> Server port to connect to.

exemple of server info: http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/221129

C/bohmia/PR......" -connect=85.25.99.104 -port=2302

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
Hurtz

Thanks MisTyK but I can't seem to get that working either.

Just hangs connecting to host

here's my target

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\@PR\praa.exe" -connect=85.25.99.104 -port=2302 -nosplash -world=empty -cpuCount=4

I removed -beta due to it reverting back to an older version if used. I checked in game and the only way to make it show 1.62.xxxxx was to remove the -beta from the target

The only way I was able to make it work was to use an older beta and then i could direct connect to RGG using the remote button.

Seems there must be others having a problem as there are only 13 players on the server and this should be primetime as I'm typing.

Hopefully things work when gamespy comes back up

Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
MisTyK
Project Reality Beta Tester

as you can see on the link, there is player on BUT the server still stay in 1.60

W&S

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 07-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Hurtz

Ya the RGG server is not at 1.62 yet. Dale said it will be a couple of days so if you want to play Arma PR then don't update to 1.62

Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Alpha Networks is on 1.62.

I'm building the new RGG server right now, and it will be up later today.

All players should update to 1.62.

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Ratszo

I toggled the address button on the multiplayer screen. That got gamespy working again.

GL!

Their's no 'Reality' in this --just the same-old sniper fest we've seen over and over again in FPS since God bought a Voodoo gfx card.

Tags
browser, game, server, unavailable