project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
doveman
Default Why doesn't PR work with CO Lite?

I've got CO Lite (OA Retail combined with A2 Free) and when I try to start praa.exe it says it can't start as "Arma 2 is not installed or the installation is corrupted".

As A2 Free is the same as A2 Retail, minus the campaign and high-res textures, I don't understand why PR couldn't work with CO Lite.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
Ch3v4l13r
Default Re: Why doesn't PR work with CO Lite?

I am pretty sure you need to have the full A2. It might have something to do with the fact that since the 1.60 update we also got the PMC and BAF lite addons added to the game. Those are probably not added to the A2 free version.

If you still want to play it but not for the current price you can wait until there is another 50% off sale. Every few months there is 50% off deal for ARMA2 on Steam and BIS store

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Steeps
Supporting Member

Wherever you found the Arma II Free you should see a features list of some kind. It specifically states that mods are not supported with the Free version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
zamani532

Guys, please stop giving him misinformation. You can do CO lite, you can use it with mods because you're running Arrowhead, with A2F content.
This is PURELY THE FAULT OF THE PR DEVS FOR NOT THINKING AHEAD. Lots of people play DayZ with CO lite.

User given a warning for disrespecting the PR team and for non-constructive criticism, If you have something to say do so politely - Cp
Last edited by [R-MOD]Cp; 06-28-2012 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
Steeps
Supporting Member

I'm not giving him misinformation.

Go to the chart at the bottom of this page and look for yourself:

http://www.arma2.com/free/

Edit: Ah, I now see the difference, I thought when he said Lite he meant the free version. Yes, mods should work if he has Arrowhead (paid) and Arma II free. But I think DayZ is based on Arrowhead content where PR is based on Combined Operations content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
xleathery420x

DayZ was made with by a BIS dev and they are trying to implement it into a patch(1.61 or something) so that it's not just a mod and, but a game mode in arma. That could be why you just need CO lite to play dayZ and not the full CO
Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamani532 View Post
This is PURELY THE FAULT OF THE PR DEVS FOR NOT THINKING AHEAD. Lots of people play DayZ with CO lite.
Yes, it's my fault for not using my crystal ball before programming the exe...

The exe requires the following registry entries:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA
or
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 Reinforcements

I don't know what entry A2 Free uses, but if you export it, rename it to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 and import it again you should be good to go.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
doveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
Yes, it's my fault for not using my crystal ball before programming the exe...

The exe requires the following registry entries:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA
or
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 Reinforcements

I don't know what entry A2 Free uses, but if you export it, rename it to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 and import it again you should be good to go.
Thanks. I'm running Win7 x64, so for me it's:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2Free

so I'll duplicate that to \Arma 2 as you suggest.

Just to clarify for everyone CO Lite should work with anything that CO Full does as the OA part allows the use of mods and OA contains BAF Lite and PMC Lite. If PR is based on A2 content though, I might think about getting buying A2 if I see it on sale, to get the hi-res textures.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #9
zamani532

This thread should be added to FAQ.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
zamani532

Quote:
Originally Posted by xleathery420x View Post
DayZ was made with by a BIS dev and they are trying to implement it into a patch(1.61 or something) so that it's not just a mod and, but a game mode in arma. That could be why you just need CO lite to play dayZ and not the full CO
It is a mod..its a independent mod and BIS does not own it.

Tags
lite, work