project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Only 15 FPS on i7,8GB RAM, 2GB GFX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamterror View Post
they were the settings picked by the game?

So i should change my ratio to 4:3 1366*786 for both displays, and take off vsync and shadow? edit to add: this setting gives me 17 FPS in game.

you have two displays?

but yeah try the game booster it should increase fps a little

and dont rely on the game to pick settings for you
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
Mubey

Change video memory to default, postprocess to very low. and view distance to 1000.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #23
SnR

ArmA 2 & OA - TROUBLESHOOTING

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #24
Q2M100

Exclamation Re: Only 15 FPS on i7,8GB RAM, 2GB GFX?

For future reference, when deciding on a mobile platform for gaming focus on getting a higher end gpu, rather than an excellent cpu or lots of vram. A 540m is only a mere step up above integrated graphics, so don't expect 2gb of vram to get you far.

Always look for a higher number in gpu model (pick the 560 over the 540) as this has a direct correlation with an increase in performance. All other numbers (i.e. vram) are simply there as sales gimmicks.

BATTLE US!:

Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q2M100 View Post
For future reference, when deciding on a mobile platform for gaming focus on getting a higher end gpu, rather than an excellent cpu or lots of vram. A 540m is only a mere step up above integrated graphics, so don't expect 2gb of vram to get you far.

Always look for a higher number in gpu model (pick the 560 over the 540) as this has a direct correlation with an increase in performance. All other numbers (i.e. vram) are simply there as sales gimmicks.
Quoted for truth. Also picking within the top 75 (the green section) of [this link] will generally assure you a much better gaming experience than anything below that.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
TrialsLife

I've been trying to up my FPS today. Almost got a steady 60fps for most of the time until action kicks off or I zoom using scope or binocs.

I've done some of the things in this thread, but I have also changed the FXAA=0 in the ArmaOA config file to FXAA=1. This can be found in somewhere like this "C:\Users\*****\Documents\ArmA 2

I have also changed my max pre-rendered frames in the Nvidia control panel. Open it up, navigate to "manage 3d settings" then to the "program settings" tab, select arma 2 from the list of programs. Then scroll down to "Maximum pre-rendered frames" and change it to 8. Bearing in mind, a higher pre-render number can result in input lag, have a mess with it and see if it helps.

The above my not work for you, or anyone for that matter. Although my PC seems to have improved since doing the above, along side the -winxp in the target line.

Tags
2gb, 8gb, fps, gfx, ram