project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
25 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
richardwigman
Default My mods prevent me from joining games.

I just installed Project Reality and after finally fixing a launcher bug that I had I was not happy to find out that every single server I tried to join denied me because I had mods.

I've been playing ARMA 2 since its launch and thus, has collected and come to depend on a rather large number of mods, ranging from units and weapons, to full blown modules like ACE 2. I would like to keep all of these, as they enhance not only my gaming expirience, but the expirience of those I play with too.

However, I would really like to give PR a try, and was wondering if there was a way around this situation as the mods I have cannot be used in game anyway for the most part.

Any solutions?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
SnR

Default Re: My mods prevent me from joining games.

Read the PR Instructions as it runs on its own with its own target line, there should be no conflict.

Failing that, you have committed the greatest crime of adding rubbish into your main Arma2 addons folder and did not use the above target line format ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
TommyGunn

Send a message via MSN to TommyGunn Send a message via Skype™ to TommyGunn

I have tons of mods, addons (vehicles, objects, units), ACE, etc etc... Without problems...

Install Arma 2 - OA - CO (or whatever you got) - then PR

And THEN install Ace and rest of what you want...

Btw i got everything in one folder (A2 & CO)

Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
[R-MOD]BabylonCome
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Just install PR and then use the PR shortcut to launch = simples...

PR will not effect any other mods you use as each mod folder is individual.

CO - Rusty In Places -
Old 10-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
richardwigman

Unfortnately for me, I usually just dump mods in the addons folder. I know, I know, its bad, but a short while ago, I went to try and correct this problem by taking all of the third party files out, and setting up mod folders. I got about seven folders into it when my target line made a horrible ping noise to indicate to me that there was no more space...

Now what?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
richardwigman

For now, I'm trying a cheap tactic until I can figure out why my target line is being annoying. I just moved all of the third party stuff out of the addons folder and into a new folder on my desktop, going to see if PR will run now and see if anyone is online. I'll have a crack at the modfolders stuff tomorow.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
SnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnR View Post
you have committed the greatest crime of adding rubbish into your main Arma2 addons folder
Im glad you confessed your sins i it should improve for you.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
TommyGunn

Send a message via MSN to TommyGunn Send a message via Skype™ to TommyGunn

Here's mine:

Imageshack - unlede.jpg

Now, if you have some addons in addons folder, remove them somewhere... from Arma2 addons folder copy>paste addons to your addons folder so you make sure everything suits... And PR should work... After if you want to play something yours, move addons to your addons folder and play.... And if you want to play PR again, do same thing as i said up.

If you want i could help you via Team Viewer or Ex Yugoslavia - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
richardwigman

Thats what I'm doing at the moment, though it is a rather botched way to try and fix a problem I foolishly walked into, its incredibly quick and easy to do and I managed to get onto a server last night and had an awesome time. I have noticed that a lot of people have folders named simply @MODS, with additional folders in them, so I shall look into doing that, just got to figure out how to shorten whats going into my target line.

Either way, I can now play PR so all is good
Old 10-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #10
BearBison
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to BearBison

You can either go down the road of a single @MOD folder with just a single Addons one inside it but that is a bad idea if you want to get on the various different server options within ArmA

The best way if you are having issues is to use some form of launcher such as Armaholic - Misc and utilities - ArmA II Game Launcher which you setup profiles that work with profiles to allow you to connect to different servers and test the various addons without issue.

Tags
games, joining, mods, prevent