project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
SuperITA
Default Signature check timed out problem

Hi
I noticed that when I enter the RIP server and DAO after waiting several minutes, I can select the location and side of the game, I press OK, wait more time charging the map and drives me from the server writes "You have been kicked from the game" .
Of the players who were already inside the server tell me that the error is depicted in "Signature Check timed out".
This happens to me on the RIP and DAO while on the other TG and everything seems to go well and also the appropriate time is short.

How can I fix this?

thanks

P.S. Sorry my English is from google translator
Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
[R-MOD]BabylonCome
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Signature check timed out problem

Signature Check timed out is due to server desync usually, meaning that the server does not get a response from you quick enough for it to allow access. At RIP we are trying to help with this by locking server at busy times and allowing controlled entry to reduce desync issues (unlocking every few minutes to allow small groups entry before locking again). If you ping is high and you happen to join at a busy time then it may result in this error and getting kicked. We are sorry for this but please keep trying and maybe join our TS3 channel and an admin can unlock the server to help gain you access.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rusty In Places -
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Anderoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]BabylonCome View Post
Signature Check timed out is due to server desync usually, meaning that the server does not get a response from you quick enough for it to allow access. At RIP we are trying to help with this by locking server at busy times and allowing controlled entry to reduce desync issues (unlocking every few minutes to allow small groups entry before locking again). If you ping is high and you happen to join at a busy time then it may result in this error and getting kicked.
Umm.... this may be true in some cases, but not for me ... I couldnt join the RIP or DAO servers even when they were empty (with a ping of 60ms)... but could join other servers even when full (with much higher pings).

I tried disabling firewalls, port forwarding, standalone, NATs on/off, remote, reinstalled everything again and again, etc etc etc.

Discovered in the end, that it was my router (Netgear DG834G v4 with latest firmware) that stopped me getting into RIP and DAO.... but it would let me join other servers (eg Kellys heroes, Alpha Networks).

I now use another router, with default settings (BT Home Hub 2)... and i can play on the RIP server with no problems.

Is there an obvious difference between RIP/DAO servers and the others??

If you could explain this I would be extremely grateful. OR even give me an idea what to look for??????
Last edited by Anderoids; 09-12-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
BearBison
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to BearBison

Note from the latest BETA patches it may be fixed.
Quote:
Fixed signature check times out on dedicated server

Tags
check, problem, signature, timed